DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

That MJF reminded me of something during the ppv I forgot about later. When he went into the crowd at the start of the match, he randomly knocked a fan's hat off while heading back, and in my mind for a split second I was sure that guy was gonna just throw a fist right at his face. Obviously, nothing happened, but I spent a few seconds thinking about what the ramifications for that would be in 2020 instead of 1975. Then the match got going and I didn't think about it again until now.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

That MJF reminded me of something during the ppv I forgot about later. When he went into the crowd at the start of the match, he randomly knocked a fan's hat off while heading back, and in my mind for a split second I was sure that guy was gonna just throw a fist right at his face. Obviously, nothing happened, but I spent a few seconds thinking about what the ramifications for that would be in 2020 instead of 1975. Then the match got going and I didn't think about it again until now.

He also threw a beer at a fan, right?

Dude's 95% gonna get sued at some point and I'm here for it. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

Yeah. Technically both those things could be considered assaults. I'm not sure any fan will sue or try to press charges, but it is a possibility these days.

I'm also not sure I buy that MJF is legit tough enough to not go down if one of those fans does respond with a fist as Maxwell turns away from them.

3 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Those could've been plants. 

6 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Unless he gets stabbed or worse, I don't hate any of it either tbh. MJF getting beat up by a fan for being a prick and crossing the line is fine and dandy with me.

Given Tony’s professed love for Mid-South, MJF better beat up that fan or he might get fired. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Hard to only get beer on the plant though, too.

And, yeah, if a fan throws hands, that could be fun to see. I'm not worried about it, just idle speculation about an old school heel in 2020.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Ding ding ding. The beer one I would bet money on. I mean christ Cody's dive spot on Wardlow was preceded by Brandi getting Wardlow back with beer. That type of cooperation and continuity is just not possible for an unscripted thing when you got what 4 or 5 performers. All on the same page without missing a beat or any hesitation? And it tied back to a previous story beat? Even the for the most experience of the experienced, you aren't gonna have 4 or 5 people all come to that same improvisation idea at the same time like that. Doesn't take away from how cool it playing into the match was tho.

But hey having people questioning if it was off the cuff or planned means lots of people are buying in and suspending disbelief. Can't get mad at that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Ding ding ding. The beer one I would bet money on. I mean christ Cody's dive spot on Wardlow was preceded by Brandi getting Wardlow back with beer. That type of cooperation and continuity is just not possible for an unscripted thing when you got what 4 or 5 performers. All on the same page without missing a beat or any hesitation? And it tied back to a previous story beat? Even the for the most experience of the experienced, you aren't gonna have 4 or 5 people all come to that same improvisation idea at the same time like that. Doesn't take away from how cool it playing into the match was tho.

But hey having people questioning if it was off the cuff or planned means lots of people are buying in and suspending disbelief. Can't get mad at that.

Exposed Pro Wrestling's Greatest Secrets literally ran through all these things. We know how the sausage is made.

• Like 1

"The vultures wait for the broken snake."

So far the little riddle or whatever goes: “Sitting in a dead tree, the vultures wait for the broken snake.”

I think it’s Brodie. There’s heavy allusion to the Wyatt Family.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Tolkien Matt Hardy.

Matt dressed as wise old wizard leading a team of hobbits (Marko, Jungle Boy & Janela) against the forces of the Dark Order.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Tolkien Matt Hardy.

Matt dressed as wise old wizard leading a team of hobbits (Marko, Jungle Boy & Janela) against the forces of the Dark Order.

What's R Truth's contract situation? Cos if it's up soon, they can sign him up and give us Sauron Killings for a real blood feud. And I'd never advocate signing Enzo, but he's only a drastic shave away from being a perfect Gollum.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

You're right. I completely forgot about the Brandi thing. The way she telegraphs shit vs MJF's illusion of spontaneity, they might as well be on completely different shows. I didn't make the connection at all.

Also, they waste a lot of beer in this company.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:03 AM, HarryArchieGus said:

Anybody catch Khan v Bischoff...

Tony...

Earic (as Gene Okerlund would say)...

Did anybody catch the show?  Did he go on to try and explain how WCW wasn't mismanaged?  Or is it simply a matter of 'you're not allowed an opinion cause you weren't there, man'.    Developmental competition argument is pretty silly considering, as we all know, NXT purposely moved to Wednesdays to try and muzzle them.

Petty little Bisch!

Wow, edgy hot take from Bischoff, a guy who got lucky for a couple years, and had help a billionaire to do it.  Let's look at the rest of his "genius" career as we see him sell his soul to Hogan and then proceed, years later, to present a shitty product for TNA alongside his buddy.  Then, of course, he fails at trying to turn around Smackdown.  Edgy, very edgy.

• Like 1

Bischoff is nothing but a grifter with a bunch of failed businesses and bankruptcies who got lucky one time and still pissed it away. He's a step above people who win the lottery and come out of it even poorer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1