DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

I agree the women’s tag from Dark was really good and the crowd were clearly into it. I think the division will be fine as the pieces start to settle in. We are at least finally getting some distinct characters/personalities. And the right combination of wrestlers has yielded decent results. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't have either one of my kids anywhere near MJF. If he motherfucks me, I can shake it off, and I was fully prepared for that possibility. But while my boys understand that it's all a work, their young ass brains can't possibly grasp the idea of a grown man treating them poorly.

Dad should have left that boy out of that photo op.

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Like 3

At that age, if MJF didn't motherfuck me I'd be disappointed.  I used to try to get heels to yell shit back at me at shows and they'd usually just laugh at me instead.  I met Hulk Hogan when I was 11 and the dude was HULK HOGAN man.  Imagining these dudes as their character 24/7 is part of the fun.

Edited by Tromatagon
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

At that age, if MJF didn't motherfuck me I'd be disappointed.  I met Hulk Hogan when I was 11 and the dude was HULK HOGAN man.  

I think that's part of the deal, too. Nobody gets mad if a babyface stays full on in character, because he's being cool to people. You ask a guy that is playing a super dastardly heel to go meet and greet? He better be spitting straight venom at motherfuckers that get to his table.

Abdullah would have forked the kid.

• Like 1

Do you think I'd want to take that opportunity to find out Abdullah was just a Canadian guy that liked ice cream?  Shit, I met Abby as an adult and felt like he might have forked me at any moment.  It ruled.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

"We already had two guys named Jesus, pal.  We're gonna call you William Christ."

You're forgetting his dad is an alum. Shawn would be the first guy up to produce his matches, he'd take Gargano's spot as a no-sell NXT main eventer. He pretty much wrote the book at kicking out before three (days).

35 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

I think that's part of the deal, too. Nobody gets mad if a babyface stays full on in character, because he's being cool to people. You ask a guy that is playing a super dastardly heel to go meet and greet? He better be spitting straight venom at motherfuckers that get to his table.

Abdullah would have forked the kid.

Abby is doing a fan dinner in Tampa next month. Everyone gets an autograph fork.

• Like 1

MJF pulling a Michael Jordan with the "Fuck them kids" in response to a parent getting upset that he flicked off a seven-year-old is basically the best thing ever. Top-notch stuff. 

I just want to see this dude get his ass beat, but also, I see you MJF, that is top-notch heel fuckery. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pete said:

MJF may have gone a smidge too far with this stunt. That said, buyer beware... dad really should've known better.

TMZ picked this up as a story. Thus proving once and for all that those initials stand for The Mark Zone.

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Spooky perverts

Like, I know that folks have used that line as an insult, but I fucking love the idea of them as spooky perverts, and I kind of wish they would embrace it.

The whole deal with Uno sitting on the Creepers came off as super sexual to me, and I really dug thinking of them as some real fucking weirdos.

27 minutes ago, grilledcheese said:

Like, I know that folks have used that line as an insult, but I fucking love the idea of them as spooky perverts, and I kind of wish they would embrace it.

The whole deal with Uno sitting on the Creepers came off as super sexual to me, and I really dug thinking of them as some real fucking weirdos.

I do, too. Maybe because I'm a real fucking weirdo.

• Like 1