DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAR 2020

Dolfan in NYC

It doesn’t sound like there’s much out there talent wise that’d make a huge difference.  Tho, Jamie Hayter absolutely needs to be brought in more regularly.  Bea could become really good, but she’s looked so inconsistent thus far that I could care less about seeing her right now.  

Maybe, just maybe, they could move their talent along by having them work a shit ton more Indy dates?  This is obviously so needed.  Also, I think they should keep the division more low key. Feature the ladies on dark and build something special occasionally for dynamite - not every week.  At this point with.4 ppvs a year and the current state of the division they need to consider keeping the women’s title matches off the 50$ ppvs. Maybe that says too much politically, but as a purchaser of each ppv I’m not at all into a women’s title match of that caliber while Rey Fenix, Jungle Boy, Santana, Ortiz, etc. sit on the sidelines.  

Also, can we just put the title back on Riho?  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

I think a woman like Kimber Lee would be a most excellent addition to the division. Maybe she can come in with her older brother Brodie.

Part of me went “hey, ARE they related?” when I read this as it sounded just on the right side of believable.

After a quick search, I can confirm that sadly they are not related.

Now Trevor Lee on the other hand...

• Like 1

Actually yeah, I like Natsu a lot. She’s not very skilled whatsoever though. So buyer beware. But she’s such a personality that translates from culture to culture.  I just wouldn’t get her on as stated before, she’s not very good in the ring, and you can probably develop a character like that in the states, without flying somebody here to do it. I’d only get her, if she was a package deal.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh wow...

Cool, me and my buddy will be at the show tomorrow. And I know it's splitting hairs, but the 1st Bank Center is in Broomfield, CO, not Denver.  But I guess Denver sounds "bigger". ? 

I've seen some concerts and a bunch of WWE house shows there. It holds 6500 so it should be nice and cozy for a live TV show. Ticket sales were really slow up until recently, apparently the PPV got people interested.

• Like 1

There's a guy in Fite chat every week called Sign Shazza McKenzie. He's quite frustrated so far. On the other hand, I don't see Billie Starkz or Alice Crowley staying unsigned for very long. They're both super young and probably not ready, but if you're a young, attractive female Wrestler it's very much a seller's market right now.

• Like 1

The Yuka/Riho vs. Britt/Penelope match is pretty damn good! Sabian's interference spots work really well, the babyfaces are the most babyface tag team in 2020, and Britt looks fantastic as a heel! Keep it simple with the vicious offense. Penelope could be a big deal in a bit here too. There is a lot of potential in that women's division but they need help to reach it both from the booking and better women to learn from.

• Like 2

I didn’t realize we got a Dark today. I gotta watch now.

Edit: “Always bring your gear”. Nice Kayfabe, pal.

Man, it just reminds me how good Riho still is, and best woman they’ve got for that division. She’s a house of fire in that tag match. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I didn’t realize we got a Dark today. I gotta watch now.

Edit: “Always bring your gear”. Nice Kayfabe, pal.

Man, it just reminds me how good Riho still is, and best woman they’ve got for that division. She’s a house of fire in that tag match. 

Sweet. Looks like I'm off to go watch Dark.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:54 AM, Technico Support said:

"Creative differences" being that Hardy is creative and WWE's army of writers and crazy old people are not.  The Hardys returned with an incredibly hot gimmick and meant nothing months later.  Story of WWE...everything they touch turns to shit.  Jesus Christ himself could come back and they'd have him in the Performance Center for 6 years and then consider a program with Satan before deciding to hold back and put him in the midcard.

And they'd just shorten his name to "Christ" because apparently nobody uses first names there anymore

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

And they'd just shorten his name to "Christ" because apparently nobody uses first names there anymore

"We already had two guys named Jesus, pal.  We're gonna call you William Christ."

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Craig H said:

I still keep thinking about Charlotte and La Sombra securing their own copyrights however many months ago and could see those two making the leap together. They could look at both of them being big fish in a smaller pond. Plus, she's a Flair. She has to go to the competing company at some point, right?

Well why would Charlotte ever want to leave? She's a made woman at this point. All I can think of is she might want to slow down and might want a lighter schedule at some point. 

Like Sasha I could see it because WWE has never given Sasha the rocket ship, and Sasha just seems to be a huge mark for the business and herself. That's not a knock on her, but like I can see why she'd want to go elsewhere down the line since she's never going to be the top woman like a Becky or Charlotte.

Fightful had multiple sources say she extended her deal before she came back in August of last year. Nobody knows for how long but WWE seems to be throwing out 5 year deals. Perhaps she didn't want that long to keep her options open and to put pressure on them to use her wisely. Nobody other than those involved seem to know but I think it's safe to say that she won't be leaving any time soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Man, Kris on Dark sounded and looked sick as hell.

Agreed. I adore her but feel bad for her having to wrestle that sick. Shida would have been a good replacement for the show. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Fightful had multiple sources say she extended her deal before she came back in August of last year. Nobody knows for how long but WWE seems to be throwing out 5 year deals. Perhaps she didn't want that long to keep her options open and to put pressure on them to use her wisely. Nobody other than those involved seem to know but I think it's safe to say that she won't be leaving any time soon. 

Makes sense. 

Andrade I can see leaving down the line. I think he's got all the tools, but WWE is never going to make him the guy. Plus all that "you got to learn English garbage."

• Like 1

I do agree that AEW should be looking to lift more women from WWE than men, but there are a handful of guys they'd be fucking morons for not pursuing. Andrade would be one. Riddle another. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Casey said:

Maki Itoh wants to wrestle in AEW. Bring her over, damnit!

What!?! Respect! 

But really if you bring her in, her best asset is her personality. So they gotta tape a translated segment for her, let her maybe speak on live mic. She’s not going to give you classics. She will give you a larger than life character to work with. Which is something AEW needs a lot in their women’s division. Britt Baker is getting there, and Big Swole is another untapped personality they haven’t done much with. I know they want to be wrestling focused, but even the men have plenty more personality, than their wrestling itself.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Literally the second word out of her mouth will be "motherfuckers." Then she'll say it again at the end of her promo. 

Didn't Chuck tweet that he got the okay to say shit?