DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING GIFS

9 minutes ago, The Man Known as Dan said:

I’ve been holding of watching the French catch stuff till I could get a blog set up, and I should be doing that tomorrow. It’s been slowly killing me inside to wait, but I wanted to have it set to get my thoughts in one swoop.

There aren't a ton of people following along and providing comments on the matches we post but there are a few and I can't speak for Phil and Jetlag, but I know I value everyone going on this journey with us. This isn't stuff where there's canon and conventional wisdom. We're off in new territory, often seeing wrestlers that we have either little footage of, no footage of, or no footage of them in their prime. Every voice trying to make sense of it helps because there are so few points on the map. We definitely welcome you adding your two cents.

Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins at WrestleMania Play better known as XXXI then Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista from WrestleMania XXX. Shawn Michaels vs. The Undertaker, WrestleMania XXVI has lost luster with me with Shawn Michaels coming back for the Debacle in the Desert.

Edited by The Natural

16 hours ago, Matt D said:

There aren't a ton of people following along and providing comments on the matches we post but there are a few and I can't speak for Phil and Jetlag, but I know I value everyone going on this journey with us. This isn't stuff where there's canon and conventional wisdom. We're off in new territory, often seeing wrestlers that we have either little footage of, no footage of, or no footage of them in their prime. Every voice trying to make sense of it helps because there are so few points on the map. We definitely welcome you adding your two cents.

While I did check out a couple matches I unfortunately haven't had the chance to take a deep dive like I was hoping.  One positive about these times is while it's chaotic as fuck right now at work once things settle down I can quite easily dive into this.  As for reviews I'm not the best with them but if it helps I can give quick thoughts.

Time for the last match of the week. Remember, we're going to be posting these at segundacaida.blogspot.com by Wednesday morning.

This one is your friend and mine (Not yet a Lord) Al Hayes and Ray Hunter vs archvillain Roger Delaporte and Roger Guettier, back from 57.

Hayes is so good, so precise. I liked him in the last match we had with him but he may be even better in a tag setting:

p8Pw6m.gif

Hunter on the other hand was just big, real big. The karate chops are silly relative to the forearms we've seen, but this gives you a sense of both him and the heels' interaction

xnmqNE.gif

They try hairpulling, armbars, getting him into the corner, etc. It just sort of ends like this during the first fall at least.:

JyRDjv.gif

• Like 3

Gave it a couple of hours. Here's the next batch:

Eventually they got Hunter down with this really cool leg stretch (look at how he goes off the ropes. Someone needs to steal this!) and a double team version while they drew Hayes in:

4QJmqk.gif

which lead to Hayes' hot tag and just destroying everyone:

81l8xW.gif

which ultimately led to the end of the first fall. I'll post stuff from the second and the big heat on Hayes tomorrow.

• Like 5

Ok, let's finish this match off. 

The third fall is all cheaty heat on Hayes. The crowd is displeased. How displeased? So displeased that when the ref tries to throw a chair they tossed into the ring, back out, they do this:

r86ZvW.gif

Here's some nasty forearms in the stretch:

D1AN25.gif

It was a really good match. You guys should watch it tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, GetDown said:

Of couse I had to, what's the point of that GIF with no subtitles, no audio or any context whatsoever?

That's what this thread is. You've been told more than once to stop posting videos here.