DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

For some reason, I now want to hear Mike Tenay doing commentary as Andrade enters the bedroom where Charlotte is in position waiting for him. "What's La Sombra doing in the Flair Zone?".

I've got too much time on my hands to think of these things.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Man I just went on a nice little internet journey to find the answer:

history_14.jpg

https://www.wrestlekingdom.jp/en/liger/history.html

Sounds riveting. I do like the next costume they display on the slideshow is for a match against La Sombra. Wonder what he is doing right now.

Jyushin "Thunder" Tiger

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

For those that rarely follow the misc thread (sorry guys, I just see too much in there that I don't feel like going through 20 pages of back and forth about topics I don't care about), Here's some of the random things I pulled out of some of the mags and programs I posted that some how wrangled Survival Tobita into reply to us on Twitter.  These are from one of the tours post the '99 Masked Tournament:

• Like 3

On 3/24/2020 at 5:31 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I always got a kick out of him being DX's "insurance policy", playing off the Lloyd's of London policy.

Didn't know until recently that the original plan was for Rude to be the insurance policy for anyone that would pay for his services and not solely for DX but Shawn wanted Rude as his bodyguard instead. They sorta did the same thing with APA years later.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Didn't know until recently that the original plan was for Rude to be the insurance policy for anyone that would pay for his services and not solely for DX but Shawn wanted Rude as his bodyguard instead. They sorta did the same thing with APA years later.

Brent Albright's initial gimmick in ROH was the Gun for Hire. I'm 99% sure I'm the only person that bought his Gun for Hire t-shirt. Most people mistook it for a Guns 'n Roses shirt when I wore it.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Wouldn't the usual term be hired gun? Or would that imply you already had a regular gig, whereas Gun for Hire implies you're touting for work.

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of which, goddamn that footage of Eddie bleeding out in the Benoit doc was sudden and brutal. 

Yeah, I was worried about Eddie Guerrero, the man with how he bled vs. JBL at Judgment Day 2004. Eddie was recommended to have a blood transfusion and the scar, so long.

Edited by The Natural

I saw Eddie and JBL work a house show main a week or two after that and you could tell Eddie still wasn't 100% from the blood loss, it was like 85% an out of ring punch brawl and the match was probably only 8 minutes long. 

• Like 1