DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING PHOTOS

15 hours ago, Pete said:

5988c4c6dd5b4ea3fef172e7455f3742.jpg

This another one of those things that I get a name out of based on my initials or something?

Seriously though I’m sure their was no homophobia present at this show with “The Gay One” on the card. Probably just there to send everyone home happy. 

• Like 1

Judging by the fact that the most expensive ticket was £1.50 (and Count Bartelli being on the show) this is probably late 1950s-mid 1960s. He might have just been doing a really happy guy gimmick. Gay didn't start to mean homosexual (in the UK at least) until the mid 70s.

1 hour ago, AxB said:

Judging by the fact that the most expensive ticket was £1.50 (and Count Bartelli being on the show) this is probably late 1950s-mid 1960s. He might have just been doing a really happy guy gimmick. Gay didn't start to mean homosexual (in the UK at least) until the mid 70s.

Only problem with that logic is guys like Marty Jones didn't even debut until the 70s. Also, the small type under TGO's name reads "Uncrowned Queen of the Ring." ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 hours ago, AxB said:

British money wasn't decimalised until 1971. I think this poster is from 1978. Gay definitely had come to mean homosexual by that point even if some older people still used it in the happy sense. The text below "The Gay One" reads "Uncrowned Queen of the Ring" if there was any doubt.

So since I haven’t been watching WWE TV, I’ll ask. Is the WWE promoting Batista’s kid spy movie? I would be nagging Batista about it if that’s the case, and trying to convince him to come over for a bit. Hollywood Star  Batista & Rock ‘n’ Roll Star Jericho would be a fine special tag team on a PPV. I’ll take that over reading that Batista went back to McMahonland, and was put into a feud where people used SHOOT~! names to sell an angle.

Also... The fuck with Jericho’s canine tooth? 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs