DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Well Diesel/Bret eventually at least get to a proper finish the following year to make those previous matches feel like cliffhangers to act 3. They both had great chemistry though. You could’ve done a best of Kevin Nash dvd, and put nothing else except those 3 matches on there. That’s how good Bret made Nash look.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Now imagining Mania taking place behind closed doors at the PC with no fans. 

At one point, Steph will come out an announce they've set a new attendance record for the building (which will be several thousands higher than the actual physical capacity it could ever hold).

• Haha 3

Just now, AxB said:

At one point, Steph will come out an announce they've set a new attendance record for the building (which will be several thousands higher than the actual physical capacity it could ever hold).

Does Full Sail even hold 20,000 people?

It did that night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

58 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

'96 was awful as well. I don't think anything was as bad as Shawn Michaels eliminating Yoko and Vader at the same time...by himself. Fuck Shawn Michaels, also for he and HHH's current nxt main event forced epic style.

I was more mark than not in 1996 and even I was pissed of about that, especially as it was just a couple of month after Ahmed Johnson bodyslammed Yokozuna, which they played up as a huge deal (he was the only to do so, at least on tv, besides Luger).

• Like 2

I was going to say Ahmed Johnson had no chance in retrospect given how much of wreck loose he was. But then on the other hand Vince gave the keys to a person with obvious issues that were seen several times publicly in front of cameras.

Wrestling was such a fucking mess back then behind the scenes.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

7 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I can’t be crazy. I remember the term “wreck loose” right? Did I just always mishere that term?

You always misheard it. It's recluse.

16 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It hosted a Royal Rumble where Dick Murdoch was the second best worker (not counting Owen who was in the match for less than five seconds) in the Rumble match. However, I must say that Bulldog was a solid number three cause he tried launching Timothy Well (aka Rex King) over the top rope only for this inept fucker to somehow bounce off the top rope and fall back into the ring clutching his arm. Then, Bulldog being unusually nice to cover up the botch and trying not to hurt this man more than he has already hurt himself gently guides him over the ropes onto the floor. 

That roster going into 1995...just so spectacularly bad.

As bad as the roster was, it amazes me WWF never scrimped on production. In fact I dare say production and effects and lighting always got better every year while everything else suffered. That's about as Vince as it gets.

32 minutes ago, BurningBeard said:

As bad as the roster was, it amazes me WWF never scrimped on production. In fact I dare say production and effects and lighting always got better every year while everything else suffered. That's about as Vince as it gets.

I thought it was significantly down graded during the attitude era. Although that might’ve been on purpose. Everything just looked really low tech. From the camera lenses that appear like they were using local regional cable sports equipment, to even the often celebrated Titantron came off real cheap, and barely visible on camera. Something about the whole thing looked off compared to the Hogan era.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 hour ago, BurningBeard said:

Well I agree but Wrestlemania 11 was disastrous on the production side. It literally starts off with Vince's mic not working when he was suppose to introduce the person singing America the Beautiful. Then, Jim Ross does an interview with someone in complete darkness as they leave the ring. There are interviews were the audio isn't working or mangled. That was not a good night. Vince had to be fucking livid.

23 minutes ago, AquariumDrinker said:

The Fiend should have attacked Cena when he came out on Smackdown. Then apply the mandible claw and use Cena's limp arm to point at the WM sign.

So you’re saying that all it takes to get a Wrestlemania match is to have a potential opponent point at the sign? Say somebody wants to wrestle Taker at Mania, but he refuses. So the wrestler sets up a banner over the Mania sign that reads “If you like big juicy booties, point here”. Taker points at it, and at that moment the future opponent pulls it down to reveal the sign underneath. Is this a legally binding contract?

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Haha 7