DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

6 minutes ago, AxB said:

Population of the USA: 327,200,000.

USA Coronavirus cases: 13, 680.

Odds are against it. Even though the actual number of cases is much higher than the official stat, with your President trying to minimise testing so the number doesn't make him look bad.

That’s for the extremely limited tests given. This is from a few days ago, And everything changes so much every day, but only 247 tests had been applied in LA county, population 10 million. Yesterday nyc did 8000 tests and they now have over 4000 cases. The virus is everywhere already. 

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

Odds are against it. Even though the actual number of cases is much higher than the official stat, with your President trying to minimise testing so the number doesn't make him look bad.

The Governor of California said today that in as little as 8 weeks, 25 million in California will probably be infected.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Iceland plans to test their whole population (360k), this will deliver some very interesting numbers (currently, they have 330 confirmed cases, which puts them up quite high on the list on a per capita basis).

• Like 1

If they're going to pretape Wrestlemania this week or next they might get it done before anyone tests positive for covid-19. I can't imagine it not spreading though. Even if it does become knowingly widespread I can see empty arena shows continuing. 

8 hours ago, AxB said:

The degree to which this is happening will surprise you, I promise. Remember the 13,000 number is the symptomatic people that have been tested, leaving out the symptomatic people that haven't been tested, as well as the far larger number of asymptomatic carriers of the virus.

A couple things,

Funny on the Kurt Angle video. He was at the Best Buy out here yesterday before all of the stores were told to close.  

Has any wrestler or MMA fighter been tested positive yet? It's mind boggling that these two sports are still taking place and nobody seemingly has caught it yet. With all the physical contact involved, airport travel, etc you would think someone had to have had it by now. 

Originally I was ok with them doing mania from an empty building, but if it's going to be taped I would rather them just postpone. AEW taped a few weeks of Dark episodes and spoilers somehow already are out. Somehow some asswipe would spoil a taped Mania and ruin it for the majority. 

So, I watched that Twin Peaks music thing and thought it was awesome, so clicked on the thread to see if there were anymore. I saw a Vince McMahon one that came from youtube which I wanted to share with my wife, so I went to youtube and found that there were a whole bunch of "Vince McMahon directed by David Lynch" videos. I started watching the second one in the series and it's Vince talking to Paul Heyman about the Undertaker, looks to be from when Heyman was Smackdown GM circa 2003. Anyway, Vince literally says that the Undertaker's wife is going to get raped by a motorcycle gang with Taker being forced to watch, and I'm like, what the fuck? I don't remember this at all. What the hell is wrong with this man?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

So, I watched that Twin Peaks music thing and thought it was awesome, so clicked on the thread to see if there were anymore. I saw a Vince McMahon one that came from youtube which I wanted to share with my wife, so I went to youtube and found that there were a whole bunch of "Vince McMahon directed by David Lynch" videos. I started watching the second one in the series and it's Vince talking to Paul Heyman about the Undertaker, looks to be from when Heyman was Smackdown GM circa 2003. Anyway, Vince literally says that the Undertaker's wife is going to get raped by a motorcycle gang with Taker being forced to watch, and I'm like, what the fuck? I don't remember this at all. What the hell is wrong with this man?

A lot.

That was the "build" towards 'Taker and Vince in a Buried Alive match at the 2003 Survivor Series.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, matt925 said:

That’s for the extremely limited tests given. This is from a few days ago, And everything changes so much every day, but only 247 tests had been applied in LA county, population 10 million. Yesterday nyc did 8000 tests and they now have over 4000 cases. The virus is everywhere already. 

9 hours ago, Casey said:

The Governor of California said today that in as little as 8 weeks, 25 million in California will probably be infected.

47 minutes ago, MORELOCK said:

The degree to which this is happening will surprise you, I promise. Remember the 13,000 number is the symptomatic people that have been tested, leaving out the symptomatic people that haven't been tested, as well as the far larger number of asymptomatic carriers of the virus.

Even if 90% of cases have not been diagnosed and the actual number is way higher, it's still statistically unlikely that any one WWE or AEW wrestler is currently infected with corona. I didn't say it's guaranteed that nobody was, I said the odds were against it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

This almost goes without saying, but that  period was WILD; in retrospect, probably worse than a lot of the Attitude era. That was around the same time as the promo Stephanie did to upset Linda where she said she’d gotten through college by sleeping with her professors. Even as a teenager I’d look at all of the McMahon shit and be like, “Who is this for?” The answer was Vince of course, but I didn’t really get that at the time. 

Edited by (BP)
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, (BP) said:

This almost goes without saying, but that  period was WILD; in retrospect, probably worse than a lot of the Attitude era. That was around the same time as the promo Stephanie did to upset Linda where she said she’d gotten through college by sleeping with her professors. Even as a teenager I’d look at all of the McMahon shit and be like, “Who is this for?” The answer was Vince of course, but I didn’t really get that at the time. 

I remember when this went down. My fandom waned after the Invasion angle but when I would check in every now and then and see stuff like this I knew I'd made the right decision, even if that meant missing out on some incredible matches. Wouldn't come back until Daniel Bryan joined NXT.

• Like 2

Follow up on WWE's taping plans per the WON site

As of right now, WWE's plan is for tonight's SmackDown, as well as the two subsequent SmackDowns set for March 27th and April 3rd to be taped over the next two days at the Performance Center in Orlando, FL.

However, it is not clear at this time if both taped shows will be completed tomorrow or how that process will work.

Also as of right now, there will be a Raw show taped Monday with the subsequent March 30th Raw taped Tuesday, also at the Performance Center.

WrestleMania is likely being taped, but that decision is being kept secret. Of note, WWE did remove the word "live" as opposed to the "streaming live" which had previously be on its website. Very few in the company are in the loop on the WrestleMania live vs. taped decision including most of the talent, which knows no more than anyone else.

The news was originally broken by POST Wrestling's John Pollock Thursday.

The current plan for NXT is unknown. As of yesterday, there was hope of doing a regular show as opposed to the studio style/interview show they did this past week, but nothing further has been confirmed.

Oh God you all MUST see the "Social Distancing Match" taking place on the GCW show right now between Jimmy Lloyd and Joey Janella. Seriously, this is amazing.

• Like 1