DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Lol remember when Raw got kicked out of the Pepsi Center for the NBA finals and Vince hired impersonators of the arena brass to belittle (plus a Jack Nicholson impersonator) and spent like 20 minutes talking about how the one guy’s name rhymed with penis? He was on one that night, and that was a much smaller deal, plus he was 30% less likely to be sundowning back then. 

My prediction: He comes out and douses himself with a bucket of Purell, then rubs his body against a guy dressed in that Mae Young’s adult son hand costume while screaming, “How fucking hard is this, you animals?!”

Then he brings out a pile of toilet paper stacked like the money in the Dark Knight and sets it on fire. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I know we're all being a bit glib here (and frankly, with what's coming, humor is going to be necessary), but I'm fully expecting Raw to open with Vince directly addressing Wrestlemania (postponing, cancelling, moving to PC). 

They confirmed Edge for tomorrow night's show, and Undertaker is supposed to appear to sign a contract with AJ.  I won't be at all surprised if they keep building WrestleMania without talking about a firm date or location.

4 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

They confirmed Edge for tomorrow night's show, and Undertaker is supposed to appear to sign a contract with AJ.  I won't be at all surprised if they keep building WrestleMania without talking about a firm date or location.

Just continue building WrestleMania until there can finally be a WrestleMania.  Finally every match will feel important and earned. 

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Just continue building WrestleMania until there can finally be a WrestleMania.  Finally every match will feel important and earned. 

Yeah, just keep building to it for about a year. They'll finally figure it out ?

Fuck it, just keep the talent at home and do the matches with holograms. That’s still a trendy thing, right? You can have the audience be holograms too. A football stadium full of ‘em!

Rewatched the two Umaga v. John Cena matches from 2007.  Jesus Christ, Umaga was amazing.  King-sized beatdown, with endings that felt shocking but earned.  Loved the remorse on John's face after literally choking out Umaga.  

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Pick a match for me and I'll review it over in the Secret Santo thread.

Kobashi and Kikuchi vs. Furnas and Kroffat is the more famous match, but for my money this one is better.  

• Like 2

Was amusing myself a few days back by looking up a bunch of WON Worst MOTY "winners" and runner ups on YouTube. One thought: Shelly Martinez vs Rebel winning in 2016 was as big a travesty as has ever happened in the awards voting. Don't get me wrong: it's one of the worst matches of all time and in any other year would've been more than worthy. But my God that Kimbo vs Dada 5000 match. Both the promoters and the commission members who allowed that fight to happen should've ended up in jail. Not only was the fight unbelievably awful Dada literally ended up clinically dead in the middle of the cage. 

Edited by sabremike
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

What do you recommend on there?

I'm not Eddie, but I do highly recommend the AIW JT Lightning tournaments, gauntlet for the gold shows, and the IWA MS early Ted Petty Invitational tournaments.  They will keep you entertained and busy for awhile. If you want recent shows, the Beyond weekly UT shows were great too. 

• Thanks 1

Wrestling Resurgence is on IWTV, if you want artistic BritWres. Zona 23 is absolutely crazy - some Mexican promoter saw the WCW Junkyard Battle Royal and decided to base a promotion around the concept.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AxB said:

Wrestling Resurgence is on IWTV, if you want artistic BritWres. Zona 23 is absolutely crazy - some Mexican promoter saw the WCW Junkyard Battle Royal and decided to base a promotion around the concept.

If they make us start working from home I have a feeling Zona 23 is going to become my life

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Throat said:

In the interest of the health and safety of WWE employees and fans, Wrestlemania should air as a Fire Pro simulation.

I kinda want wrestlers to play through the card on 2K20 and stream it just to see their rage when bugs render the matches un-finishable.  

Also, AJ Styles raging his way through any game is usually entertaining.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Throat said:

In the interest of the health and safety of WWE employees and fans, Wrestlemania should air as a Fire Pro simulation.

Dude, if they were going to run Wrestlemania as a video game simulation, it'd be on WWE2K20.