DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, RolandTHTG said:

We don't have Papa Johns in Australia. I remember walking miles back from Wrestlemania into downtown Orlando and being absolutely starving, being really excited to try it for the first time, only to go into the store and seeing what looked like regurgitated Subway, and settling for $15 half-can of Pringles from the hotel mini bar instead.

Wait, no, that was Jimmy Johns. That is confusing.

That's hilarious to me because I live outside the home base of JJ's, and we hate their owner the actual Jimmy John almost as much as the rest of the American public hate the actual Papa John. The sandwiches and the chips are delicious, if you're fine with eating from a shop that used to be owned by a guy notorious for being a big game hunter. (Then again if it was a JJ's in fucking Orlando I highly doubt they were any good at all. I don't think they have any in Florida so you might've been hallucinating from hunger) 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

I'm quite fucking Italian. Put whatever the hell you want on pizza. Life is too short to not enjoy that shit. ❤️❤️❤️

I can't believe @PetrolCB didn't beat me to the punch on this one. You're slipping, my friend.

https://youtu.be/3lOG3rD5CrQ

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

i still can’t believe they are actually running this in the face of virtually every other group canceling events.

They got money, the others don’t.

That GCW show had Nate Webb on it just now.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Ten minutes in, and the empty arena episode of SDL is surreal.  I’m fascinated for how odd it is, but not particularly interesting.

i still can’t believe they are actually running this in the face of virtually every other group canceling events.

I flipped it on just out of curiousity to see how it looks.

1 minute ago, Robert s said:

Sure, but where is the money in running an empty arena show (compared to re-running archived stuff)?

Advertising dollars, and to reassure investors. It’s all PR stuff. AEW will do the same until(like I said before) the shit hits the fan.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Ten minutes in, and the empty arena episode of SDL is surreal.

Just turned it on and HHH just walked, was like "I'm done with this shit" ?

Colbert last night was similar. I think his gimmick of drinking bourbon wasn't being faked that time. Not only that but went and checked the lineup and surprise -- reruns next week! 

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

That's hilarious to me because I live outside the home base of JJ's, and we hate their owner the actual Jimmy John almost as much as the rest of the American public hate the actual Papa John. The sandwiches and the chips are delicious, if you're fine with eating from a shop that used to be owned by a guy notorious for being a big game hunter. (Then again if it was a JJ's in fucking Orlando I highly doubt they were any good at all. I don't think they have any in Florida so you might've been hallucinating from hunger) 

Even though I am anything but a militant vegan I do chuckle when people run down JJ's because the owner kills animals because, well what do you think is in almost all of those sandwiches?

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Colbert last night was similar. I think his gimmick of drinking bourbon wasn't being faked that time. Not only that but went and checked the lineup and surprise -- reruns next week! 

The whole show was "just get this over with and go home", including post-production (they did not try at all to hide the cuts).

So question for the people that follow GCW. Are the ads on the mat real, or are they fake like the fake ring ads in Fire Pro Returns? Also this Shane Mercer match I’m watching didn’t need to go 5 hours long. Reminds me why I always chose to watch Tournament shows for most non-ROH indies because those had the most match to match continuity.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

24 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Looked up the website because I was curious if they'd turned up in airports here like fake Carl's Jr have. 10 in Orlando alone apparently. 

He's started to shit all over this thing. It's glorious. 

10 in Orlando alone apparently. 

Huh. JJ did relinquish his post last year with them falling under the umbrella of some other fast food distributor. The reason I can't see a far-away JJ's as being like a local one is they were always adamant about fresh bread and insanely fast delivery. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

22 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also this Shane Mercer match I’m watching didn’t need to go 5 hours long. 

I liked it. Deppen vs Dickinson was stiff as all hell, wasn't it?

2 minutes ago, AxB said:

I liked it. Deppen vs Dickinson was stiff as all hell, wasn't it?

Yeah, I liked that much better.

This death match that’s going on right now isn’t the smartest thing to have during this pandemic. But these guys don’t look smart.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

That gaffe reminds me of the Raw that was live at Titan Towers because of the blizzard, and they forgot to kill the feed, so you had Daniel Bryan asking how he should emote for the promo he was gonna cut.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

H2O Wrestling DOES still have a deathmatch show scheduled to take place tomorrow streaming on IWTV. 

Yeah, and it's a Deathmatch Tournament. Teams of four under elimination rules, I think.