DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

2 hours ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Will Ospreay is going to be wrestling his girlfriend on Monday live on YouTube, along with a bunch of other matches. You can support via SuperChat etc. #CardSubjectToCorona

• Kyle Fletcher vs Connor Mills
  • OJMO vs Paul Robinson
  • Nathan Cruz & Rampage Brown vs Robbie X & Joe Nelson (or possibly Kid Lykos 2)
  • Callum Newman vs David Starr
  • Will Ospreay vs Bea Priestly

Hangman was getting over with me in that tweet, but then that last bullet just ruined it all. 

Then again, if someone said that we could have Medicare-for-All, but in order to get that signed into law forever, any pizza that I ate for the rest of my life would have to include pineapple on it, I would sacrifice ever eating a pizza again for the health and well-being of the country. 

(Actually, I enjoy Hangman's neo-SCSA gimmick quite a bit, and no amount of pineapple-on-pizza shenanigans will change that.)

Edited by Smelly McUgly
  • Like 2

I was gonna say that being a commie pinko might not be conducive to getting over as a Steve Austin type character, but sadly these days wrestling is mostly nerd culture and nerd culture tends to veer left so he's probably alright pushing for socialized medicine...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also, pineapple on pizza is great. Another fine contribution Canada's made to the world. 

I love Canada because even when it's wrong on these basic cultural things, like pineapple on pizza or Timbits, it's still charming anyway.

Please let me immigrate there. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

16 minutes ago, matt925 said:

UFC holding on. Bellator cancelled their empty arena show. UFC, WWE, and AEW are the only national leagues left. 

Well, UFC is happening in Brazil this Saturday. The stranger part is the governor of Brasilia announced a ban on large gatherings after two (?) confirmed cases, but the ban is only seven days and goes until this coming Monday.

The next UFC show in the states is 3/28. That has been moved to the UFC APEX facility in Las Vegas from Columbus, OH at Nationwide Arena. Next week's show is set for O2 Arena in London. Yeah, I dunno about that going down as planned.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1

Well POTUS just declared a State of Emergency in the US, asking for "large sports events" to postpone.  So...

I'm guessing Mania is getting pushed back to May or going empty stadium.