DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

And I'm not going to lie, part of me wants Wrestlemania to happen as planned if only for the entertainment value of how obnoxiously self-congratulatory WWE will be if it happens while other events are dark or empty arena. That will be some "Cartman in the lawn chair eating popcorn" level entertainment.

Especially if a bunch of people get sick and WWE has to spin that as a positive.

Not that I hope people get sick, I'd just really enjoy seeing how the company would respond.

"The dedication of WWE fans is unparalleled! They'll even risk death to see Roman Reigns!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Vince: HA HA amazing, pal!

Fan in the crowd: Why is he wearing a hazmat suit?

Vince: Oh by the way, everybody in this years Hall of Fame. Didn’t wake up this morning. In other words, they were all found dead. Sean Waltman is dead, Hulk Hogan is dead, Nash is dead, so on and so forth. Listen I don’t want to bore you on the details. So on with the show, and WELCOME TO WRESTLEMANIA!

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Where would a coronavirus angle rank on bad taste Wrestlemania angles? I think currently it's slightly below Iraqi sympathizer Sgt Slaughter. 

If it is a quasi shoot based on Vince's Howard Hughes-like tendencies, it's all good 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Because making everything (meaning scary reality - adult up, gherkins) into a political conspiracy is bogus, I will just imagine a whole card of nothing but Lawler/Funk Empty Arena matches. "Mah eye, Lance! Ah caint see!" Lord Buddha, that match is genius. If they take it Saudi Arabia, that would make me so sad...

- do the right thing, Mr. McMahon,

RAF

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
spelling is hard...

So apparently it all of Europe except the United Kingdom.  So I guess if someone from Europe like I don't know WALTER wanted to go to WM maybe they would have to go to the UK first to get away with it?

Edited by hammerva

16 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Nice of Tom Hanks to put himself out there for the people who weren't going to pay as much attention to the news until a celebrity got it. 

The NBA just called and saw hold my keg  

I still think Wrestlemania will happen in Tampa unless the county just physically forces them against it.  Which is possible.   They may move to a smaller venue which is going to be a nightmare for about 50% of the people with tickets but I still think they will have it.  But the rest of the weekend is seriously fucked

Edited by hammerva

I like that there has been a pushback to keep WWE from planting an NXT base in Japan but we know there was going to be  a native with a big enough name to help them make it happen. Japan has such a different wrestling culture that WWE is probably going to have the hardest time navigating the waters over there.

NXT UK starting up introduced me to the modern European wrestling scene but it killed the Market over there. The NXT-UK brand isn't even doing good business anyway.

Over the past 30 years WWE has had the chance to either make bigger Asian stars or either have more meaningful business relationships with other companies but they don't take advantage of these things. I don't want WWE to go to some of these regions and hurt them just by having guys under contract just to have them waste their time. You got the middle east and Central American regions that could benefit by having a WWE developmental program in those areas creating new stars.  

7 hours ago, supremebve said:

When did every news story turn into a conspiracy?  I don't know when I first had this thought, but it is something I've noticed over the last few years.  Let's say the coronavirus is an international conspiracy where at least one country is completely and totally quarantined, how actually profits from this? 

If you want to create a Coronavirus conspiracy theory, don't aim so low. Aim high, like this: It's not a virus. It's germ warfare. It was invented by the CIA/KGB and unleashed by Putin and John Boulton in China as a way of destabilising the economy and compromising the power of President Xi (or possibly the real target is North Korea). The reason why there's already a test is because there's already a cure, developed alongside the virus itself and sitting on a shelf and ready to go when the algorithm says civilian deaths have reached optimum level. I made all of that up and none of it is true. But post it on Facebook and people will be all "I knew it!"

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The NBA just called and saw hold my keg  

I still think Wrestlemania will happen in Tampa unless the county just physically forces them against it.  Which is possible.   They may move to a smaller venue which is going to be a nightmare for about 50% of the people with tickets but I still think they will have it.  But the rest of the weekend is seriously fucked

Thank goodness this didn't happen last year with all the shows in my neck of the woods.

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Thank goodness this didn't happen last year with all the shows in my neck of the woods.

Oh man we would have all been dead at the White Eagle Hall given how small, how cramped, and how unhealthy a decent number of us are

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

I will just imagine a whole card of nothing but Lawler/Funk Empty Arena matches.

Somebody's gotta be in a singles match with a serious feud going on and walk in and yell at their opponent "Can't you see there's nobody here... YOU JACKASS!"

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Somebody's gotta be in a singles match with a serious feud going on and walk in and yell at their opponent "Can't you see there's nobody here... YOU JACKASS!"

Michael Cole smoking a cigarette waiting for the wrestlers to show up 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It's maybe not WM scale but I'm unfortunately going to have to sit out of the Newark Dynamite. I'm so bummed out but I can't justify the risk whatsoever. I was debating it anyway because it's a long drive but this settles it for sure

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1