DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

31 minutes ago, AxB said:

But who would have thought all those years ago that the DVDVR board poster who decided to start a thread asking for Wrestling's scummiest urban legends (that 47% of board posters would never have heard before) would one day run a profitable National wrestling promotion?

I'm trying not to be gullible, but if it is indeed who I think it is then I'm howling with laughter (on the inside since I'm at work)  But somebody should ask him about this.

And Wrestlemania in an empty stadium would be all kinds of weird and eerie.

The collective just posted that all of their Mania week shows are going to go down as planned unless they are forced to shut down. Good on them.  A decade or so ago my family went to Mexico. This was for 2 weeks, During our stay was when the Swine Flu supposedly hit.  The only US Station we had was a new channel  CNN I believe.  Well they kept showing the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area which is where we staying. They were showing people wearing masks and making it seem like the streets were barren.  I can tell you that this was not the case. Nobody wore masks, nobody was sick, everything was fine.  Now the 2nd week we were there was different. The tourists didn't come in as they were afraid based off of US news.  The streets were empty but not due to sickness due to fear.   My whole family made it home safely and didn't see one sick person in the 2 weeks were there.  Now put this into perspective, our trip was in early April.  Right around tax return season.  What time of year is it now?  Tax return season.  Lets keep people from flying and keep them in their home country spending money here.  It also seems that these huge viruses always come around during election year.   Think about how many people are on here or are your facebook or twitter friends.  Does anyone you know happen to know anyone that contracted this or any other huge virus? Probably not.  Look at what fear and the media is doing not just here in the US but to the world.   It's pretty scary.

22 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The collective just posted that all of their Mania week shows are going to go down as planned unless they are forced to shut down. Good on them.  A decade or so ago my family went to Mexico. This was for 2 weeks, During our stay was when the Swine Flu supposedly hit.  The only US Station we had was a new channel  CNN I believe.  Well they kept showing the Playa Del Carmen/Cancun area which is where we staying. They were showing people wearing masks and making it seem like the streets were barren.  I can tell you that this was not the case. Nobody wore masks, nobody was sick, everything was fine.  Now the 2nd week we were there was different. The tourists didn't come in as they were afraid based off of US news.  The streets were empty but not due to sickness due to fear.   My whole family made it home safely and didn't see one sick person in the 2 weeks were there.  Now put this into perspective, our trip was in early April.  Right around tax return season.  What time of year is it now?  Tax return season.  Lets keep people from flying and keep them in their home country spending money here.  It also seems that these huge viruses always come around during election year.   Think about how many people are on here or are your facebook or twitter friends.  Does anyone you know happen to know anyone that contracted this or any other huge virus? Probably not.  Look at what fear and the media is doing not just here in the US but to the world.   It's pretty scary.

Hey Austin, what's up?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Chancellor Merkel said that up to 60-70% of Germans could eventually be infected.

So I'm not only getting a package from Germany soon but I'm waiting on a response from a job where I would be handling mail. 

Goddammit

EDIT: Forgot to mention that mail job is IN A HOSPITAL.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

Is it tax return season in China and Italy too? 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

When did every news story turn into a conspiracy?  I don't know when I first had this thought, but it is something I've noticed over the last few years.  Let's say the coronavirus is an international conspiracy where at least one country is completely and totally quarantined, how actually profits from this?  Are the Purel people that powerful?  The Charmin people?  Who makes those masks? Are they capable of getting the entire country of Italy to close itself off from the rest of the world based on a make believe disease?  I'm not saying everyone should panic, but saying people are crazy for not going to a wrestling show is way off base.  

• Like 7