DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

51 minutes ago, joseph2112 said:

Vince wouldn't, of course. But if the City of Tampa says they are closed for business, that's it, game over.

Circling back here.  I'm sure Vince is in furious negotiations with the city of Tampa and the stadium as we speak.  

Honestly, I don't think they should run the show.  But Vince is one of these "coughing is weakness" psychopaths, and I think Vince would rather die than cancel. So the question is, if Tampa tells him to fuck off, does he move it to some other willing stadium, does he try to get Tampa to compromise and let him run his show in an empty Raymond James Stadium, or do we get Wrestlemania from the PC.   

The answer probably lies in which option loses Vince the least amount of money. As it is, even though the show is sold out (I think), the stadium is probably only going to be half-full anyway.

Honestly, this whole situation is fucked, and there are no good answers.  

• Like 1

"Don't run public fake fighting/sporting events in massive stadiums with a virus that's nothing to regular people but fucking deadly to elderly in a state filled with elderly people so they don't get sick and die" =/= suspending right to assembly.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Circling back here.  I'm sure Vince is in furious negotiations with the city of Tampa and the stadium as we speak.  

Honestly, I don't think they should run the show.  But Vince is one of these "coughing is weakness" psychopaths, and I think Vince would rather die than cancel. So the question is, if Tampa tells him to fuck off, does he move it to some other willing stadium, does he try to get Tampa to compromise and let him run his show in an empty Raymond James Stadium, or do we get Wrestlemania from the PC.   

The answer probably lies in which option loses Vince the least amount of money. As it is, even though the show is sold out (I think), the stadium is probably only going to be half-full anyway.

Honestly, this whole situation is fucked, and there are no good answers.  

I would bet $$$ Saudi would let him run it there.  This is exactly the show they want and this is their chance to get it. Saudimania

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Raziel said:

"Don't run public fake fighting/sporting events in massive stadiums with a virus that's nothing to regular people but fucking deadly to elderly in a state filled with elderly people so they don't get sick and die" =/= suspending right to assembly.

Ok that's true, but if you look at the lockdown they're running in Italy it's a bit beyond that.

7 minutes ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Ok that's true, but if you look at the lockdown they're running in Italy it's a bit beyond that.

Not trying to be callus, but I'm not caring about what Italy's doing to contain this, that's their thing.  I'm more looking at what's going on in the US around Mania week with how Tampa, Florida, WWE, and the Indies are handling it, and specifically yelling about Aries' screaming "Suspension of the Constitution" and his anti-vaxxer bullshit and how it's wrong, and maybe if the entire industry didn't base it's yearly profit off the company at least 50% of it's fanbase wants wiped off the earth, this wouldn't be that big of an issue for them.

While I appreciate concern regarding freedom of assembly, the casual anti-vax shit being Aries' opening salvo is pretty amusingly on-brand. This whole ordeal has been catnip for pretty much every strand of conspiracy thought. 

Anyway, I hope AEW only offers him a spot if he proves he can be a good boy. Ask him to do a test of strength vs Marko Stunt without throwing a tantrum. 

• Like 2

Money in the Bank 2011. What a show this was. I only have a few DVD's of WWE PPV's. Money in the Bank 2011 is one of them. A excellent main event between John Cena and CM Punk, my 2011 MOTY and to this day the best Money in the Bank Ladder Match surprisingly won by Daniel Bryan. There's a bittersweet taste to the show though knowing how WWE fucked up Summer of Punk.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Found the link. It's the actual sleaze thread.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050308041405/http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=19896&view=all

You know, even though I was here long before that, I'm not sure I actually posted in the thread itself. I know I was offline for about six months in late 2004/early 2005 when my computer broke and I couldn't afford a new one.

I love the sleaze thread. I used to mostly lurk around here in those days.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

But who would have thought all those years ago that the DVDVR board poster who decided to start a thread asking for Wrestling's scummiest urban legends (that 47% of board posters would never have heard before) would one day run a profitable National wrestling promotion?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I feel like the solution, at least temporary, is for WWe and pro sports leagues to run empty stadium shows.  Not ideal, but there’s going to be a huge demand for original online and tv content while this goes on.

Tv should go on, with everyone couped up the ratings might not even be bad, and everyone will be used to seeing all sports in empty arenas. Touring would be ridiculous though. Aew can just tape at the amphitheater in Jacksonville. I don’t think raw or Smackdown should be taped at full sail, but there must be a slightly larger building that would appreciate the cash. 

Wrestlemania is in like four weeks, yeah? Three and a half? When you're diagnosed with corona, you're supposed to self isolate for a fortnight. I could catch it today and be free and clear in time for Mania. They should just split the stadium and have all the postviral fans on one side, and the uninfected on the other.

• Haha 2