DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

these "monthly threads" are confusing on a good month but March or April during mania season especially this year should warrant posts coming to this.  This is supposed to be March Wrestling news. People pulling out of Mania is huge news for March.  Also not everyone would check the wrestlemania thread.   If we have a WWE thread, an ROH thread, Japan threads, and show specific threads, what is the need for a "March news"  or "April news" thread? 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It has been explained before. (I know @MORELOCK did a good job summing up the intention once but Lord knows I can't find that post right now)

This is not a "March News Thread". It is a thread for general discussion around wrestling. Sometimes news of the day is discussed. It isn't a "All news that is fit to print"

I think almost everyone who has posted on this board for more than a couple of months would be aware that there is going to a separate WrestleMania thread.

The wrestling discussion threads are for miscellaneous posts that don't fit in other threads. Mania talk goes in the Mania thread because it doesn't make sense for it to be in two threads (because people will post the same thing in both threads - like how the last couple of pages here are nearly identical to the last couple of Mania thread pages). Even when we do end up discussing a big news story in the miscellaneous thread, it gets branched out into its own thread. There isn't an overlap here - you know where the Mania thread is, @paintedbynumbers. You have somewhere to be or something? It's like one extra click or thumb tap.

9 hours ago, (BP) said:

Mankind/Taker Hell in a Cell. 

JR: Again if this match has ended we apologize...

King: I have never seen...why do you apologize for THAT? I’ve never seen anything like that in my life.

Then after Foley goes through the ceiling, King’s matter of fact, “That’s it. He’s dead.”

My cousin and I still use "That's it. He's dead." when talking to each other so that's the vote for me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This is wholesome and we need that right now

It's so he can challenge Eddie Kingston who said if he could wrestle anyone it would be him with Kobashi and Kawada retired.

7 minutes ago, Robert s said:

Wasn't the rumor that All Japan is to be become NXT Japan? So putting one and one together...

Maybe there is a Rosetta Stone but with WWE buzzwords.

8 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Maybe there is a Rosetta Stone but with WWE buzzwords.

The top google search for people who use the WWE edition of the Rosetta Stone is, "can you wear a brown championship with black shoes?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Hey guys

Somewhere on the board someone posted a youtube clip of a crank call at a bar with Shawn Michaels and I can't find it. Could someone be a good sport and repost the link for me? Please and thanks!

Yes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApBGnh-IzfY

Not a Rickroll.

• Thanks 1

Oh, Teddy..

https://www.f4wonline.com/other-wrestling/teddy-hart-charged-stragulation-resulting-bodily-harm-307526

Teddy Hart has been arrested for the third time this year.

Hart, real name Edward Annis, was arraigned this morning in Richmond, Virginia on charges of strangulation resulting in bodily harm following his arrest yesterday. Under Virginia law, strangulation is considered a class six felony and could lead to 1-5 years of imprisonment and a $2,500 fine. He is currently held without bail at the Richmond County Jail and is scheduled for a April 24 hearing.

This comes following a video posted on independent wrestler Ace Montana’s Facebook page where he accused Hart of physically assaulting ROH star Maria Manic. 

“Literally had to pull my gun on Teddy Hart and throw him out of my friends house,” Montana wrote. “This piece of **** literally choked out and physically assaulted Maria Manic and would not let her get help. she texted me I’m in danger never ever did I think I would meet a piece of **** like this guy who has now been arrested with a felony against him. I don’t think this guy knew how close to death he was. This video is me kick him out before the cops came and arrested him.”

Hart continually denied the allegations in the video.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, AxB said:

Ryan Satin is to Vince McMahon as Comical Ali was to Saddam Hussein.

Comical Ali was far too honest and his moral fiber was far too high to ever be compared to Ryan Satin.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, nofuture said:

This is Zach Ryder's place.  He's spending more money on wrestling figures than he is on the hot tub.

Even then, that just adds more potential problems there (let the record show: Roman asked out because Miz showed up sick. Now, keep in mind: Ryder's a cancer survivor as well and presumably is also immunocompromised. ...yeah.)

1 hour ago, SorceressKnight said:

Even then, that just adds more potential problems there (let the record show: Roman asked out because Miz showed up sick. Now, keep in mind: Ryder's a cancer survivor as well and presumably is also immunocompromised. ...yeah.)

I had not heard this at all. Hope he is ok. 

2 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I had not heard this at all. Hope he is ok. 

Yeah- Ryder doesn't talk about it that much (a couple times on Twitter, and he mentioned it in his interview with Michael Cole after he lost the IC Title), but he had it as a teenager (his chest scar came from the surgery to take the tumor out.) 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2020 at 6:43 AM, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Watching the Network special about essential WrestleMania matches and I'm at Taker/HBK from Mania 26. The King actually is having a great night on the mic. Of course, Cole and Striker are not and the three man booth turns into Cole shouting "Vintage" while Striker bumbles around trying to get a word in. It got me thinking though: what are some of the King's best calls? Anything strike anyone off the top of their head?

The first few matches of Buried Alive 96 where it was King, JR and Vince calling the matches and King kept on riling up JR and Vince to snipe at each other. Especially during the HHH/Austin match.

Vince-1,2 he got him! No.
King--JR, don't you hate it when he does that? 1, 2 he got him. Don't you hate that?
Vince--Ominous silence

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, AxB said:

For I second I read that as pissed ON the roster. And was wondering why they agreed to all stand bunched up, and didn't run off when he got his knob out.

Randy Orton would've been proud.

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I'd say piece of shit is more like it.

I'm guessing that the missing exgf is still an on-going investigation and I have a feeling that it will end very poorly for Hart. 

• Like 3