DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I would assume they would have at least a bigger hot tub.  Hell the hot tub at my apartment's pool is bigger than that and my place is a dump

This is Zach Ryder's place.  He's spending more money on wrestling figures than he is on the hot tub.

• Like 2

Random thought about Dave Meltzer, but he and the other dude who sounds like Paul Giamatti both go to Japan for WK and come back horribly sick. Dave is then sick for fucking months and is STILL coughing and dude has no idea what it is. I haven't been listening to WOR as much in the last few weeks so maybe it's come up, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dave was walking around with the virus the whole time.

• Like 2

Coronavirus symptoms are supposed to only last for week though. Plus, Japan has an abnormally low infection rate. Not as abnormally low as North Korea's, but that's probably just Kim Jogn-Un being less than entirely honest.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

Coronavirus symptoms are supposed to only last for week though. Plus, Japan has an abnormally low infection rate. Not as abnormally low as North Korea's, but that's probably just Kim Jogn-Un being less than entirely honest.

A week?  I'm not sure where you've been getting your information, but from what I've heard a mild case can last two weeks, and a severe case can be over six weeks.  That doesn't even count the incubation period when you may not have symptoms for up to two weeks.  That doesn't count the other complications like pneumonia and the other respiratory issues it can cause.  This shit is bad news, and as this conversation shows, we don't seem to be getting all of the same information.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, supremebve said:

A week?  I'm not sure where you've been getting your information, but from what I've heard a mild case can last two weeks, and a severe case can be over six weeks.  That doesn't even count the incubation period when you may not have symptoms for up to two weeks.  That doesn't count the other complications like pneumonia and the other respiratory issues it can cause.  This shit is bad news, and as this conversation shows, we don't seem to be getting all of the same information.

Over the weekend I found different symptoms listed on provincial and federal websites. The inconsistencies are everywhere. 

Edited by West Newbury Bad Boy

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

Random thought about Dave Meltzer, but he and the other dude who sounds like Paul Giamatti both go to Japan for WK and come back horribly sick. Dave is then sick for fucking months and is STILL coughing and dude has no idea what it is. I haven't been listening to WOR as much in the last few weeks so maybe it's come up, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Dave was walking around with the virus the whole time.

Jim Valley, and LOOOOOL that was exactly what I thought the first time I heard him.

Meltzer gets this kind of hacking cough thing every Spring.

Spoiler

the rumor now is that Andrade (rib injury) Miz (sickness)  morrison, Roman, Lashley, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Dana Brooke, Edge, Kevin Owens, and the USO's  are all now off of Mania.  Not sure why Edge but I can see why Owens wouldn't want to risk it as he is one of the biggest family guys in the company. 

Spoiler
10 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

the rumor now is that Andrade (rib injury) Miz (sickness)  morrison, Roman, Lashley, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio, Dana Brooke, Edge, Kevin Owens, and the USO's  are all now off of Mania.  Not sure why Edge but I can see why Owens wouldn't want to risk it as he is one of the biggest family guys in the company. 

DBry has a kid coming, so he's not risking it, Rey and Dana are self-isolating, Uso's are probably pissed about Miz/Morrison.  Everyone's thinking that even with Edge "back", he's got a finite amount of matches left and blowing one on an empty arena clusterfuck probably isn't high on his list of things to check off before he retires again.

these "monthly threads" are confusing on a good month but March or April during mania season especially this year should warrant posts coming to this.  This is supposed to be March Wrestling news. People pulling out of Mania is huge news for March.  Also not everyone would check the wrestlemania thread.   If we have a WWE thread, an ROH thread, Japan threads, and show specific threads, what is the need for a "March news"  or "April news" thread? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Jim Valley, and LOOOOOL that was exactly what I thought the first time I heard him.

Meltzer gets this kind of hacking cough thing every Spring.

Yup, Dave gets sick with that horrific cough every fucking year.

4 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

these "monthly threads" are confusing on a good month but March or April during mania season especially this year should warrant posts coming to this.  This is supposed to be March Wrestling news. People pulling out of Mania is huge news for March.  Also not everyone would check the wrestlemania thread.   If we have a WWE thread, an ROH thread, Japan threads, and show specific threads, what is the need for a "March news"  or "April news" thread? 

It has been explained before. (I know @MORELOCK did a good job summing up the intention once but Lord knows I can't find that post right now)

This is not a "March News Thread". It is a thread for general discussion around wrestling. Sometimes news of the day is discussed. It isn't a "All news that is fit to print"

I think almost everyone who has posted on this board for more than a couple of months would be aware that there is going to a separate WrestleMania thread.