DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

My favourite part of Wrestlemania X

Owen-p08-e1558530163114.jpg

So satisfying. I've always, always felt Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania X was superior to the Ladder match between Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels on the show. Two *****.

• Like 11

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

So satisfying. I've always, always felt Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart at WrestleMania X was superior to the Ladder match between Razor Ramon and Shawn Michaels on the show. Two *****.

Agreed. Bret vs Owen is actually my favourite match to date. I may have to rewatch it this afternoon, it's been a while...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Agreed. Bret vs Owen is actually my favourite match to date. I may have to rewatch it this afternoon, it's been a while...

I might do the same. Only WWE match I'd have ahead of Bret Hart vs. Owen Hart from WrestleMania X, Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin at WrestleMania 13.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCinSnCQjKp-QBoZqMDDrkFg

This was posted in the indie thread, but it deserves more eyes on it. After nine years, Jeff Katz’s Wrestling Retribution Project has finally seen the light of day. The results are... interesting. So many big names under different personas. Colt Cabana is Punchline, Timothy Thatcher is BBC, Kenny Omega is Scott the Cornerstone Carpenter. Hey, if you can’t get enough of Luther in AEW, you can catch him here as Father Dante. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I maintain that Owen beating Bret because he scouted the previous year's KotR and was able to stuff the victory roll that Bret beat Bam Bam with in the finals of that tournament is one of the best callbacks in pro wrestling history.

In fact, as a kid, I immediately called that out when I saw the finish. It made the idea that these wrestlers actually watch tape on one another when they're not wrestling feel real and added a sense of believability to not only the match, but wrestling as an athletic competition in general. 

• Like 10

The greatest, most pure reaction I've ever seen in my life is the guy about 15 rows back over Owen's shoulder.  When the hand hits the mat the 3rd time... he jumps about 10 feet in the air.  It's joy.  It's believing when no one else does. It's absolute vindication.

It's pro wrestling.

• Like 11

so far, the ESPN edit of WrestleMania XXX could be more interesting., 75 min and they’ve shown onevmatch and a whole lot of talking.

They’re about to show Cena-Wyatt which will probably not do much for me in-ring (I dislike  Bray) and will probably bewilder anyone not already familiar with Bray’s gimmick.

Looking like a missed opportunity so far.

edit: they showed Bray’s entrance in full.  Ate up like 5 min.  I’m only expecting to see maybe 5 matches in a four hour broadcast.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

On 3/21/2020 at 11:21 PM, Six String Orchestra said:

Watched the tuxedo, coal miner's glove on a pole, loser leaves town cage match between DiBiase and Duggan today for the first time ever. I still really don't know anything about Mid South Wrestling but that was so good. Simple but effective and the crowd ate it up. Probably one of my favourite matches I've ever seen. 

I don't remember who it was anymore, but years ago in this board somebody once suggested renaming that to the Tuxedo, Coal Miner's Glove on a Pole, Loser Leaves Town but it All Makes Sense" match.

• Haha 1