DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

Nick Gage murdered Pitbull last night. And tonight? He just literally murdered Pitbull's corpse. #RIPPitbull

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

Nick Gage murdered Pibull last night. And tonight? He just literally murdered Pitbull's corpse. #RIPPitbull

Playing the theme from Flair's retirement as a tribute while Pitbull's decapitated corpse was placed in the middle of the ring was the icing on the cake.

• Haha 1

Can someone please explain Chromecast to me because apparently it would allow me to watch NJ World on my phone which would pretty much be heaven for me? Is it similar to Roku (which I use right now)? And would it let me use the DDT streaming service or any of the other Japanese promotions?

6 minutes ago, Ace said:

Chromecast casts from your browser to a TV. You shouldn't need it to watch NJPW World on your phone.

Sorry, that was an absentminded typo, meant my smart TV.

Edited by sabremike

15 minutes ago, Morganti said:

Plug your laptop into your TV?

What kind of cable or cables would I need for that? I do have a smart TV. My laptop is a little old. I got it around 2014-2015.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

37 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What kind of cable or cables would I need for that? I do have a smart TV. My laptop is a little old. I got it around 2014-2015.

You can just run an HDMI cable from your laptop to the back of your TV. Even a laptop from 2014 will have HDMI ports. 

• Thanks 1

Chromecast is the shit - and a piece of piss to set up. Best thing about it for me is you can cast from your phone to your TV - but you don't have to keep the app open e.g. you can close it and keep working away on your phone whilst the TV is playing whatever you cast to it. I cast Netflix a lot from my phone to my TV - but whilst I'm doing that - I'm on the internet, Twitter etc

easy explainer here 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

In other news - a lot of rumours on Twitter tonight about a certain superstar who just plummeted to jobber level on the prelim shows cheating on his girlfriend with a former NXT guy who was going out with a multi-time Olympic gold-medal gymnast. 

Just name names. Please. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Morganti said:

Kacy posted some super vague tweets that spawned a Ricochet cheated on her with a dude rumor.  At least that was what i got when i searched.

Will assume the other dude Chester is referring to is Stacey Ervin. He is/was going out with Simone Biles for awhile. Kacy hangs out with him a good bit from her social media stuff. Anyways, welcome to the wrestling business, Kacy. (allegedly)

On IWTV? There's only 9 GCW shows on there. Up until the end of 2019 they were only on Fite. The Acid Cup (parts 1 & 2) were both really good, and happened Thursday and last night. Zona 23 only has 12 shows on there so far, but I'd give the 6 Aniversario a look first, because that has the Ludark Shaitan vs La Magnifica match that was my first look at them (the match is also on YouTube anyway, though).

4 hours ago, AxB said:

On IWTV? There's only 9 GCW shows on there. Up until the end of 2019 they were only on Fite. The Acid Cup (parts 1 & 2) were both really good, and happened Thursday and last night. Zona 23 only has 12 shows on there so far, but I'd give the 6 Aniversario a look first, because that has the Ludark Shaitan vs La Magnifica match that was my first look at them (the match is also on YouTube anyway, though).

Thank you for the recommendations.

I decided to get subscriptions to WWE Network, UFC Fight Pass, ROH Honour Club CZW Studios, Highspots and now IWTV lol.

I got plenty of options now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watched the tuxedo, coal miner's glove on a pole, loser leaves town cage match between DiBiase and Duggan today for the first time ever. I still really don't know anything about Mid South Wrestling but that was so good. Simple but effective and the crowd ate it up. Probably one of my favourite matches I've ever seen. 

• Like 5