DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

24 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Knowing basic geography of the country I live in makes me a nerd?

OK, Boomer.

3 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

I just figured out WWE is Westworld.

That's better than WWE being Waterworld. If Dennis Hopper couldn't save it, then you know things were bad. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 1

Guest Edwin
10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also I want to go back and defend that style. They are snug, but they are throwing worked forearms, punches, and kicks. The only thing that made B-Arts look more believable was the improvised amateur, and BJJ wrestling display between the strikes.

Not trying to be that guy, but no. Those Battlarts strikes were not worked. Sure they aren't swinging at full force, but those aren't worked strikes and a lot of those Ikeda and Ishikawa headbutts are rough to sit through.

The strikes made them more believable than their grappling. A lot of the Battlarts (and a lot of the shoot style) grappling is terrible, specially when they are gassed and they want to sit in weak poorly executed leglocks for 15 minutes.

And I know it wasn't the safest style or anything, but I enjoy watching that Bati Bati style.

@Edwin I get it, but I still think working a more grounded style can look better than people wrestling an arena style in this current environment. I also personally think it might lead to less harsher bumps. I mean not everybody will bump like a mad man in the same way Daniel Bryan is willing to do.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

On 3/17/2020 at 1:04 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

This is a really nice tweet. I hope more major workers tweet this out...

On the one hand, Mustafa supporting Freelance Wrestling's In Our Warehouse event is a nice gesture. On the other hand, his employer's lawyers sent Freelance Wrestling a Cease and Desist because they thought using the In Our Warehouse name and logo was attempting to cause confusion in the market and draw subscribers away from people looking for In Your House events on WWE network.

No, seriously.

It's called this now:

ETVAMZvWAAAWKJ_?format=jpg&name=medium

5 hours ago, AxB said:

On the one hand, Mustafa supporting Freelance Wrestling's In Our Warehouse event is a nice gesture. On the other hand, his employer's lawyers sent Freelance Wrestling a Cease and Desist because they thought using the In Our Warehouse name and logo was attempting to cause confusion in the market and draw subscribers away from people looking for In Your House events on WWE network.

No, seriously.

It's called this now:

ETVAMZvWAAAWKJ_?format=jpg&name=medium

Pretty simple: Ali is a good human being, his employers are anything but good human beings.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

It needs more bagged generic cereal, with Gulak, Bryan, and Backlund reminding people the good stuffs down there

Don't forget Dakota Kai:

That's taken from the WWE 2K20 thread:

I heartily recommend it to y'all as we need laughs in these worrying times

Edited by The Natural
  • Haha 3