DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

It would be interesting to see who was company devoted enough that they would talk about how it was a great game that played really well, and that looking at their character model was like looking in a mirror.  And indeed who would rage at how shit it was. 

Guest Edwin

There was a famous feud in 1980's Argentine wrestling featuring 2 mummies, la Momia vs. la Momia Negra.

Apparently there was also 1980's Paraguayan wrestling, too.

Edited by Edwin

1 hour ago, Edwin said:

WHAT DID I JUST WATCH?

1980's Argentine pro-wrestling had more monsters than 1990's Japanese indys.

A lot going on there, but don’t sleep on the ring announcer looking exactly like De Niro in The King of Comedy. 

• Like 1

Not content with having burned every bridge with every major company in Pro Wrestling, Mr. Aries has moved on to burning every bridge with about anyone that'll give him work...

• Sad 1

Posting this here because I figured it's more general wrestling discussion for what wrestling is going to be in the weeks to come:

Even HHH points out that they're playing to the crowd when they should be playing to the cameras. He's 100% right. A few of us pointed this out in the SD thread and I think Niners or someone else said they were doing it as a goof, but even then, it looks dumb as fuck. You have to play to the people who are watching this on TV, which means not doing everything for empty seats.

Guest Edwin

This is new footage from the Puerto Rican wrestling archives. It's a Chicky Starr promo with Abdullah the Butcher eating raw meat. Not the same as the one before which was the one he ate raw chicken in.

4 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is everything on that channel new? I'm really surprised to see Cactus Jack vs. Doomsday (Kane) on there, especially as I thought Jack never worked in PR. 

I know none of the specifics but I do remember him writing about it in his first book, and saying that he felt gross when he shook hands with Gonzalez. 

58 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Even HHH points out that they're playing to the crowd when they should be playing to the cameras. He's 100% right. A few of us pointed this out in the SD thread and I think Niners or someone else said they were doing it as a goof, but even then, it looks dumb as fuck. You have to play to the people who are watching this on TV, which means not doing everything for empty seats.

But isn't it generally held that WWE trains its wrestlers out of playing to the crowd in favour of playing to the tv cameras? Why would it be the exact opposite here if that's the case?

And can we just all ignore Aries rather than chancing someone impressionable might see his garbage conspiritard theories?

Edited by kafkonia

Guest Edwin
9 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Is everything on that channel new? I'm really surprised to see Cactus Jack vs. Doomsday (Kane) on there, especially as I thought Jack never worked in PR. 

Yes and no.

Some of it had been around with the dubbed over English commentary and now he's re-releasing it with the original Spanish commentary.

Some of it has never been online before.