DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

36 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Found out Friday I am to work half days this week and none next week. I have WWE Network and Impact Plus. I've tried NJPW World and really didn't like how English subtitles were an after thought. Thinking of trying Highspots, Powerbomb.tv or another service out for the month. Might get back into MLW or NWA Powerrr if nothing interesting pops up. Any one got recommendations?

I recently got ROH Honor Club which is deecent, they lack the VOD content though as I was hoping they had all of the ROH shows on there from Day 1 but they only have the first 12 shows and then I think the next show after that is shows from 2011 but I think they have all of the ROH shows over the last 6-7 years.

I also got CZW Studios sub as I like to watch old school CZW but they have stuff on there from other promotions like Defy, BJW, AML, 3 Count Wrestling,Bar Wrestling, Chaotic Wrestling, ECCW, FIP, IWF, IWL, IPW UK, PCW UK, PWX, Riptide, SHINE, TIDAL, UWA Elite, VOW, WSU, a few shoot interviews etc.

Highspots looks really good and worth the monthly subscription. especially as it has a lot of PWG shows on there so I am very happy with that.

I would probably pick Highspots if I was you as it has so many shows on there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Yeah, I'm leaning towards highspots, I see they have Wrestlecon from last year and PWG, Revolver and so on. 

Highspots and IWTV are both $10 so why not both?

Edited by sabremike
Typo.

1 minute ago, sabremike said:

Highspots and IWTV are both $10 so why not both?

If you are an indie wrestling fan then IWTV is where to go.  I believe they had 3 show today alone include a really good SUP show in Nashville area.  Plus they are starting to fill up the Smartmark library to the point you can see tons of old CZW, IWA MS, and others

If you are into thinks like shoot, non WWE classic wrestling, or best of shows then Highspots is where to go. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If you are an indie wrestling fan then IWTV is where to go.  I believe they had 3 show today alone include a really good SUP show in Nashville area.  Plus they are starting to fill up the Smartmark library to the point you can see tons of old CZW, IWA MS, and others

If you are into thinks like shoot, non WWE classic wrestling, or best of shows then Highspots is where to go. 

On this live BizarroLucha show going on now I just saw a man pull down his opponent's trunks and stab him in the ass with a pitchfork. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the only live events we get for the next few months are shows held in the middle of nowhere in front of a few dozen people and a step and a half above backyard wrestling I am weirdly OK with this.

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

... And Double or Nothing. There goes Vegas for me.

Technically that’s over 9 weeks away but I’m mentally preparing for it to not happen. My friend I was bringing already decided he’s not interested. Everything is changing by the hour so we’ll see. But I’m certainly not booking any flights or hotels in the foreseeable future. 

It's the closest Seinfeld came to dealing with a virus, unless you want to count Kramer refusing to wear the AIDS ribbon and Jerry getting a woman's number from Kramer's AIDS walk list.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
I have an upper respiratory infection and I feel like shit.

4 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Trying to save for a house and I only have time for one. I don't know. 

I'd go for IWTV, which I subscribe to and love.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

56 minutes ago, sabremike said:

On this live BizarroLucha show going on now I just saw a man pull down his opponent's trunks and stab him in the ass with a pitchfork. 

And that match was less violent than the one than consisted mostly of chop exchanges.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

Trying to save for a house and I only have time for one. I don't know. 

Right. Or you're someone who lives paycheck to paycheck and has just had your job shut down and unemployment benefits won't roll in for a month or possibly more. 

That came off really angry. I kind of am. Scared as fuck too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

Do CDC guidelines have the force of law, or are we counting on Vince's common sense?

I know we're all being a bit glib here (and frankly, with what's coming, humor is going to be necessary), but I'm fully expecting Raw to open with Vince directly addressing Wrestlemania (postponing, cancelling, moving to PC).