DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 hours ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I am waiting for some indy to book a coronavirus death match. Does IWA-MS still do weekly shows?

I will be stunned if IWA Deep South doesn't do one in the next year.  Hell they might have done one already and just didn't know

1 hour ago, Ziggy said:

Isn't that one of Vinces overnight institutions, he just decided a few years ago that wrestlers shouldn't wrestle during commercial. It's not their fault, that's just a rule of tv wrestling for WWE until Vince just decides he wants the match to keep going. Its nothing really new to this situation. 

WWE teaches its wrestlers to work for the cameras , Not the audience anyway which I believe is a dumb approach that's been around for a long time.

Never heard this before.  Er, how does this work since every televised show is held before a live audience?  3-min chinlocks?  I assume they don't typically just  forget the match and stand around like Alexa and Bayley did last night/

• Like 1

IWA Mid-South isn't a Death Match company any more. They're family friendly now.

More fan-free wrestling:

And also, for the handful of people with IWTV:

Starting this Monday, March 16, on Monday's, Tuesday's and Wednesday's, IWTV will stream an event at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm Eastern Time. These events will all be new to IWTV, and will include classic footage from the Smark Mark Video archives, recent shows that have not been released on IWTV, shoot interviews and more.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Never heard this before.  Er, how does this work since every televised show is held before a live audience?  3-min chinlocks?  I assume they don't typically just  forget the match and stand around like Alexa and Bayley did last night/

I think that’s why so many matches go to commercial right after a spot to the outside. They can sell on the floor or the heel can stooge for a while. 

39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I will be stunned if IWA Deep South doesn't do one in the next year.  Hell they might have done one already and just didn't know

Presuming he still runs the promotion the coronavirus would end up being hospitalized after being infected by Ian Rotten.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Just a current world tag team champion working his other job as a scrap metal dude

That should have been his gimmick on the Impact Throwback Throwdown. Although 'Evil Lumberjack' Tim Burr was probably easier to come up with.

1 hour ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I have no objection to working the cameras when they are there, and I get the selling outside or resthold during the commercial, but straight up breaking kay fabe? That smacks of not caring at all to me. I know it's an exhibition, but I pay money and/or attention so you DO NOT rub that in my face. Suspension of disbelief, you turkeynecks: do your dang job.

- RAF

• Like 4

15 hours ago, sabremike said:

Even though I am anything but a militant vegan I do chuckle when people run down JJ's because the owner kills animals because, well what do you think is in almost all of those sandwiches?

Unless you’re hunting for food or conservation reasons it’s a cunty thing to do and trophy hunting tops the list 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

spot calling

Didn't think about this. For god's sake don't let Cena have an empty arena match! 

I think the "not wrestling during the commercial break" thing is gone now that they're doing picture-in-picture, at least during the matches that have it. This was a recent thing anyway and it looks to have already been kneecapped.

Edited by Curt McGirt

IWTV's 12 Hours of Wrestling a day week one schedule:

Monday, March 16, 2020

• 1pm EDT: Ground Zero March 7, 2020 "Regulators! Mount Up!" - Imperial Beach, CA
  • 4pm EDT: H20 Wrestling Academy February 25, 2019 "Undiscovered 1" - Williamstown, NJ
  • 5pm EDT: Freelance Underground May 11, 2018 "Freelance Underground vs. GCW" - Chicago, IL
  • 7pm EDT: GCW December 29, 2018 "The Dynasty" - Asbury Park, NJ
  • 10pm EDT: IWA Mid-South March 5, 2020 "Let The Madness Begin" - Jeffersonville, IN

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

• 1pm EDT: St. Louis Anarchy July 9, 2011 "Circus Maximus" - O'Fallon, IL
  • 4pm EDT: New South March 6, 2020 "2020 HOSS Tournament Night 1" - Hartselle, AL
  • 7pm EDT: Beyond Wrestling March 1, 2020 "Beyond Championship Wrestling" - Melrose, MA
  • 10pm EDT: RISE November 1, 2019 "Early To RISE, A Berwyn Adventure" - Berwyn, IL

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

• 1pm EDT: Horror Slam November 22, 2019 "Death Proof" - Lincoln Park, MI
  • 4pm EDT: CZW April and May 2000 "BJW vs. CZW Hardcore Series: Volume 1"
  • 7pm EDT: Best On The Indies: Jon Moxley circa 2011
  • 10pm EDT: AIW November 29, 2019 "Hell On Earth 15" - Cleveland, OH
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

It was a thing for a very short time last year where they were doing 2/3 fall matches and gauntlet matches where they could have breaks between the falls. I don't think it lasted more than six weeks or so.

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

One of Corny's talking points of late is "coming back from break in a resthold." His theory is that you should come back commercial with action to re-engage the audience.

Well, even with action to re-engage the audience, it is a necessity of having to have the time down to the letter- invariably with WWE matches at live crowds, the rule of thumb has become "suicide dive to the outside before the commercial break", then during the break the heel takes control and locks the face into a resthold until the show comes back from break."

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

This. Fuck trophy hunters.

I have no problem with trophy hunters as long as they start their safari going after a troop of chimps barehanded. 

18 minutes ago, OSJ said:

I have no problem with trophy hunters as long as they start their safari going after a troop of chimps barehanded. 

I do think that people hunting things like giraffes is the absolute stupidest thing in the world. Not only are they just about the most peaceful and non threatening creatures on earth but unless you have a rec room the size of the Superdome where in the hell could you even put a stuffed giraffe? In fact I am in favor of providing people with support giraffes during these troubled times.

• Like 1

I'm a lifelong hunter, I would never harvest something I wasn't going to eat. I'm a little uneasy about trophy hunters. But, because everything in life is breaking bad, those Africa trophy hunts are outrageously expensive and are generally part of a management program. The money raised by those hunts sustain the parks where the animals live and without that money poachers would probably exact a much greater toll. Again, it's something I would never do, but it's hard for me to be against it based on the what it accomplishes.

• Like 3