DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

Yeah, and it's a Deathmatch Tournament. Teams of four under elimination rules, I think.

But it's a deathmatch tournament which (if I understand the concept correctly) means only one person involved WON'T die so no need to be worried by coronavirus right?

I misunderstood, it's not teams of four. There are four first round matches, which are four person 1 vs 1 vs 1 vs 1 matches.

I am getting an estimate for a kitchen project, so I am getting unknown calls on my phone that I have to answer. So today I get the one where the guy tells me I haven't paid my taxes for 3 years and I need to tell him my social security number to clear it up or the police are going to come to my house and arrest me. Today is a really shitty day for this call, I'm not in the mood for this disgusting criminal who is trying to likely prey on uneducated/elderly people. So I snap into full promo practice.

The police are coming? To my house? Are you coming? You should be the first. I hope you are the first one on the stoop. Are you coming?

Sir I work for the IRS and I....

you know why PAL? Because when you you step to my door I'm going to teach you a lesson you won't soon forget, WOOOOOO!!!! I'll beat you from pillar to post and make you regret the day you tested the GREATEST MAN IN THE WORLD WOOOOOOOO!!!

Click. 

Nope, not today. I call him right back. The same guy answers. He asks if this is Joe B? (My real name, so that's a little jarring) and I tell him to never, EVER let my name slip from his lips again and he is digging a hole. He cuts me off and says "Sir, you are wasting your time".  I calmly say, "your right sir, I would actually like to resolve this situation. What do you think should be done?"

Well I ju..

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK because it's me and you tonight inside a steel cage and only one man will walk away!!

Click.

I called back but they just put me on hold and every time they would check to see if I was there they would quickly put me back on hold, and then they hung up again. 

I really wish federal agents would raid their facility and put them in jail. But in lieu of that, I can let off a little steam. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 12

48 minutes ago, Six String Orchestra said:

I am waiting for some indy to book a coronavirus death match. Does IWA-MS still do weekly shows?

What about having the luchador Virus change his name to Coronavirus?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

?Scott Dawson I believe owns his own name. But he could change his to Card Dealer, and go with “Wheelin’ & Dealin’ as the team name. 

But....The Gambler though...he could manage? ??

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Oh fuck wrestling is fake.

I didn’t expect a Pro Wrestling’s Greatest Secret’s revival.

Whhaaat? Why did they do that? How hard is it to keep going w/o advancing the match during the breaks (not difficult at all, truly)? This is some rank insulting BS -  they know better, this is just showing disrespect. I really am disappointed (in the production crew, the workers, the agents, et al)

- RAF

Edited by thee Reverend Axl Future
stoopid fat fingers, no poking stick

Watching the CZW 21st Anniversary Show from February which is the first CZW show I've seen in a long time. Really sad to see just how bad the promotion appears to be. Nothing but really bad matches and like watching a real bad indy in Bumblefuck, MS with guys who just aren't any good. Even any of the bad shows from a couple of years ago were worlds better than this.

Oh, on the show Maven Bentley just said TOD would be taking place at a brewery in NJ on May 30th. That's one show I can't see them fucking up.

11 hours ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Also, pineapple on pizza is great. Another fine contribution Canada's made to the world. 

For real. So weird reading that it's a strange, foreign concept to so many. Hawaiian pizza! Pineapple, bacon/ham, and I like to add the super Hawaiian cheese, feta, to that sum'bitch. 

• Like 3

Given it’s one of the few properties they have right now capable of running someting live, wonder if Fox has considered moving Smackdown to Sunday afternoons and running a combination of performance center stuff and marches from prior big shows. Nothing else on, maybe a way to get another lapsed fan eyeball or two.

Plus who doesn’t want Joe Buck on the call!

I don’t think there is much juice to empty arena shows as they are. Kevin Dunn, and TNT’s guys need to watch what STARDOM does with empty arena programming to hide spot calling if they want to run live matches otherwise they’ll turn off viewers for the time being.  

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

I was thinking about that. Other than my idea from the SD thread to transform the PC into Irish McNeil’s Boys Club and run Southpaw for a month, what kind of stuff DOES work in an empty arena?

Plunder brawls

Stiff amateur-looking stuff like Bryan/Gulak

Edited by For Great Justice

For AEW it wouldn’t be that hard given almost everybody is in a stable of some sort. So you can have a reason for guys yelling on the outside for their teammate like STARDOM does. Which is something STARDOM has always done. Sometimes their wrestlers are even louder than their fans on some shows. 

WWE could add some sort of team challenge series to create an in story reason for people hanging on the outside. Right now it wouldn’t make sense for some guys to have entourages all of a sudden.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

9 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

Whhaaat? Why did they do that? How hard is it to keep going w/o advancing the match during the breaks (not difficult at all, truly)? This is some rank insulting BS -  they know better, this is just showing disrespect. I really am disappointed (in the production crew, the workers, the agents, et al)

- RAF

Isn't that one of Vinces overnight institutions, he just decided a few years ago that wrestlers shouldn't wrestle during commercial. It's not their fault, that's just a rule of tv wrestling for WWE until Vince just decides he wants the match to keep going. Its nothing really new to this situation. 

WWE teaches its wrestlers to work for the cameras , Not the audience anyway which I believe is a dumb approach that's been around for a long time.

Beth Phoenix & Natalya training for last year's WM (with Edge and the Revival)

Seriously fascinating, I've only seen snippets of this type of stuff here and there but these are full clips.

Edited by turk128
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to Shop Rite earlier and it was a madhouse. Water, eggs, frozen food, etc. cleaned out. I just had to get a few things for me and my grandmother, who turned 92 last week while I house-sit for my mother and step-father, who are in the Bahamas.

Oddly locally all that is in short supply is toilet paper and hand sanitizers.

Had to go on a TP run yesterday. Both of my parents are elderly and my father has bad lungs. So told them for the next few weeks to stay at home. Had to goto 5 stores to get some TP. Walmart was out. 3 Dollar Generals were out,Family Dollar was out. But found some at Walgreens.

And to make this wrestling related Battlezone Wrestling is having their once a year big 2 day Widowfest show.  Normally BZ draws maybe 50 people a show. Last night at night 1 of Widowfest ,after bringing in Al Snow,Dr Tom Prichard and Swoggle,they barely drew 100.

15 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

IMO Papa John's is fine in a crunch, but if you get Papa John's with light sauce, you might as well eat wet cardboard. Will never do that shit again.

Unless something has changed since 2007 Papa John is 100 times better than Pizza Hutt.

Chain pizza rankings.

1.Dominos-Great price adn taste good.

2.Papa JOhns-Good taste but a bit expensive.

3.Lil Casears-Cheap and ok

4.Pizza Hutt-Over priced crap.