DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

They should just show three hours of UUDD with a 32-wrestler WWE 2K tournament where each wrestler controls themselves, along the lines of what some poster said a few hours ago about how they should do WM. 

Everyone brings their own controller though. Can't have people passing those things around during a viral outbreak. 

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Man, their sauce is the part I hate the most. Easily the worst pizza I've ever had, including cheap frozen shit.

Just now, HumanChessgame said:

If I -have- to get pizza from a chain, I'll go Papa John's, then Pizza Hut, then Dominoes. The PJ garlic dipping sauce is pretty much sodium in a cup, but it makes up for a lot.

I remember in the 80s and early 90s when Pizza Hut was actually good. This could be because it was about the only restaurant in my hometown and I never had proper NY style pizza till I was almost in my teens. The days of a pizza cooked in a skillet, those red cups, and a few games of Double Dragon were a staple of the few times I actually dined out in my youth. Not to mention that free pan pizza you got via BookIt.

I lived in a little ass town in Mississippi for several years. The only options for fast food pizza (or restaurant pizza) were Pizza Hut and Pizza Inn. Growing up in a poor black family, we ate Pizza Inn all the time because that shit was much cheaper. In retrospect, that was the worst pizza I ever had. So for me, on the rare occasion I got something from Pizza Hut, I might as well have been in Brooklyn because I didn't know any better.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

I may be off on this  as I was listening on Sirius radio on my way home but to me Donald sounded sick. As if he had a cold or flu. Did anyone else notice this or was it just radio?

I'm not looking to fear monger, but at least two people he shook hands with last weekend have tested positive. So, you know, he might not be sick yet, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

And, yeah, I have to agree that Pizza Hut used to be better.

Honestly, my pizza preferences now are "local chain in the town I used to live in' - Cottage Inn - Little Cesar's (way underrated) - Domino's - Hungry Howie's when they have a big sale.

19 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Maybe AEW runs an empty Jaguars stadium? That would be surreal.

Daily's Place is connected to TIAA Bank Field, so presumably that would be out of the question as well, no?

7 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I'm not looking to fear monger, but at least two people he shook hands with last weekend have tested positive. So, you know, he might not be sick yet, but it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility.

Between the positive tests for people at CPAC and AIPAC, as well as the positive test(s) for the Brazilian officials who came to the WH and met both with him and people he is in close contact with each day, it'd be surprising if he dodged it. 

Which really, if he had it, it wouldn't be about fear mongering so much as it would be a good example of why social distancing is a good idea in general if you can afford it. I know many people can't, especially those who work in retail. 

Or pro wrestlers for that matter, I guess, though I wouldn't want to be all up in somebody's grill working them for twelve or fourteen minutes during this whole ordeal. 

Edited by Smelly McUgly

Pizza Hut does taste good for an artificial sponge with grease in it. Little Cesar’s might be my favorite of the mass produced pizza chains. The bread is sweet, it isn’t drowning in sauce, and the cheese is just right. When it’s reheated though is where it falls apart a bit. The artificialities start to manifest as soon as you reheat it.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

Daily's Place is connected to TIAA Bank Field, so presumably that would be out of the question as well, no?

They got a week to find a place. They just need someplace to fit a ring. The Hardy compound is sounding better, and better everyday. I’m sure Matt won’t charge as much as another building(he might even let them do it for free) would given the climate.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Pizza Hut does taste good for an artificial sponge with grease in it. Little Cesar’s might be my favorite of the mass produced pizza chains. The bread is sweet, it isn’t drowning in sauce, and the cheese is just right. When it’s reheated though is where it falls apart a bit. The artificialities start to manifest as soon as you reheat it.

Little Caesar's is the most generic pizza I ever tasted. It tastes even more generic when reheated. Still not as bad as Pizza Inn. I will take wherever the processed shit I ate in my cafeteria every other week in grade school when they had pizza over my memories of eating Pizza Inn pizza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Between the positive tests for people at CPAC and AIPAC, as well as the positive test(s) for the Brazilian officials who came to the WH and met both with him and people he is in close contact with each day, it'd be surprising if he dodged it. 

Which really, if he had it, it wouldn't be about fear mongering so much as it would be a good example of why social distancing is a good idea in general if you can afford it. I know many people can't, especially those who work in retail. 

Or pro wrestlers for that matter, I guess, though I wouldn't want to be all up in somebody's grill working them for twelve or fourteen minutes during this whole ordeal. 

wouldn't have to be. Unless you're gonna have 30 minute breaks between each match while they spray disinfectant all over the ring, that canvas is gonna spread it from one to everyone on the roster by the end of the show.

• Like 2

My tastes have matured to the point I’ve started to except bland foods. This comes from losing 150 pounds while dieting, and excepting that I should stop eating stuff that is either caked in sugar, or salt. Little Caesars has hit that sweet spot when I want to cheat.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, matt925 said:

I’m telling you guys tonight’s Smackdown is gonna be the last wrestling show for awhile. Nba, xfl, bellator all anounced empty arena shows and then immediately canceled them. Everyone’s gonna have to shut down. 

As soon as somebody from each company is announced as having it, then that’s when the shit hits the fan.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

That's the look of a dog who's tired of being shown the Samoa Joe/Necro Butcher match.

Interesting you mention Necro: since I sure as hell won't be doing any traveling to sports events anytime soon so $$$ was freed up and I want stuff to watch I subscribed to Independent WrestlingTV and am watching the CZW 21st anniversary show where he was inducted into their Hall Of Fame. He literally looks like he is at least 80 years old. Another odd note is that I saw a fan who was always at Philly era shows back in the the early 2000's in the crowd and she looks exactly the same as she did back then.

Yeah when the first wrestler in aew tests positive they will do the right thing and shut down. Vince and Dana will be screaming “from my cold dead hands” but this is way bigger than them. And everyday will get exponentially worse. By Monday afternoon all three companies are gonna be done. 

11 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Interesting you mention Necro: since I sure as hell won't be doing any traveling to sports events anytime soon so $$$ was freed up and I want stuff to watch I subscribed to Independent WrestlingTV and am watching the CZW 21st anniversary show where he was inducted into their Hall Of Fame. He literally looks like he is at least 80 years old. Another odd note is that I saw a fan who was always at Philly era shows back in the the early 2000's in the crowd and she looks exactly the same as she did back then.

There's a GCW Livestream on there starting in half an hour (I think). But it's a watch once live or lose forever deal.

Can Nick Gage carry Shlak to something watchable? Probably not, but there will be blood.

As far as AEW is concerned, if they can't run Daily's Place, there's always QT Marshall's school, where Cody trains.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

There's a GCW Livestream on there starting in half an hour (I think). But it's a watch once live or lose forever deal.

Can Nick Gage carry Shlak to something watchable? Probably not, but there will be blood.

Oh fuck yeah. Thanks for the reminder.

They had a surprise Livestream last night as well. It was also GCW, a Fite PPV that they decided to stream on IWTV as a make good for all the Mania week cancellations and that. It's where I got them gifs from (well, I got them off twitter, but the people who giff'ed them got them off GCW on IWTV).

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

So, AEW could probably get away with a week or two of "Best of AEW" shows, but that'll run thin pretty quick, given they've only had about 30ish events in company history.

At the very least, if there's the chance of "WWE running best of shows from their library", AEW could get some positive buzz for about two months by saying "we're going to air the AEW PPVs on TNT for free, split into two hour intervals", and that should cover them until the end of April.