DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

14 hours ago, Raziel said:

So do you know anyone who's gotten sick now?

really, you are going to troll me over this? Fuck you troll

And yes, I had a co-worker hysterical because her daughters school called her to pick up her child as she had a high fever and trouble breathing.  Hope you feel good about yourself for trolling about a sickness.  I never once wished someone had it, when I posted my earlier post I knew nobody with it and I know the media loves blowing things out of proportion.  To come on here now after all of the mass hysteria and things being cancelled to beat your chest and troll me shows what kind of shit person you are.  Congrats man, I was wrong.  Happy now?

Edited by paintedbynumbers
fixed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

The XFL cancelled the season but they are paying their players for the entirety and allowing them to sign with any NFL team if they are so offered the chance. I'll be the first to come in here and bury VKM for his nonsense so in fairness I'll say that this is a pretty cool move. I think this goes a long way to legitimizing the league. 

As the board's default Vince defender/reality peddler: don't give him too much credit. People may not give a fuck about wrestlers, but Vince pulling his circus act shit with football players would have blown up into a huge story. He did what he had to. 

1 hour ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah... Naaaaaaaaaaaah... It’s not like they were on big money contracts.

Do you even know how much XFL players are being paid?

About 55,000... I wish Deadspin was around they’d probably dig deeper into the pay.

Edit: Although according to an article “the base salary, a bonus for being active on game days and a bonus for being on the winning team.”

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

Also apparently from the Observer...

After Wilson and Barrios were fired, people in the company continually hinted that something almost as big was being kept quiet that happened in December but said it would have to come out when the company made it clear. The company never made it clear, but a recent SEC filing when giving Levesque’s new title essentially opened the door for questions. Levesque was the head of talent relations, his main job, but also oversaw many other departments in his role as EVP of Talent, Live Events and Creative. So he was moved away from being in charge of talent and his main duties are now NXT, selling NXT TV rights overseas and expanding NXT globally. Brad Blum, Vince McMahon’s Chief of Staff, took over Levesque’s other duties as Executive Vice President of Operations, overseeing the divisions Levesque was formerly overseeing. It’s a change. There are those internally and externally who have called it a quiet demotion. The labeling of his new title gives the impression that he’s the guy negotiating with talent, but that is one of the things he was removed from doing. Mark Carrano no longer reports to Levesque and now reports to Blum. Either way, it is curious that this was kept quiet for nearly four months

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah... Naaaaaaaaaaaah... It’s not like they were on big money contracts.

If you take the 55000 dollar number, it's 27,500 for 40 players, 8 teams and 5 games. That comes out to 44 million bucks.

• Thanks 2

On 3/8/2020 at 9:16 AM, AxB said:

The show must go on. WWE is not a democracy and considering that when Owen Hart died the thought of stopping the show never even entered Vince's head, he's not cancelling Mania. The only other people who could cancel it would be Tampa City Council or the owners of the Stadium, and both parties have a big financial stake in the show taking place as planned. So short of governmental intervention at a State or Federal level (which seems unlikely), I'd say the show happens.

And when it doesn't sell out and is less profitable than anticipated, everyone will blame Covid-19, rather than the staleness of the booking.

I've heard that that nice man in Saudi Arabia, MBS has not only offered to host Wrestlemania,but guaranteed a sold-out venue and is offering fifteen virgins to all participants. He's also gone on record as saying that the Executive Vice-Presidents of AEW are all "infidels" and he will try to capture a few of them in order to have a mass beheading prior to the main event.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, bobholly138 said:

Nope but I heard Dink Cain might appear when they run Utah.

Vs. The Chad in a deathmatch? I'm all in!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Speaking of TNA, I remember posting this video here when it happened:

Oh, TNA. You give us Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and 2005 (TNA's best year) and taketh away with the Hogan/Bischoff regime, Vince f'n Russo and Jeff Jarrett's long ass reigns as NWA World Heavyweight Champion.

Edited by The Natural

On 3/12/2020 at 7:57 AM, LoneWolf&Subs said:

image0.jpg

Rice is starting to get cleaned out at the Publix I’m working at this morning. It’s like hurricane season.

I went to Shop Rite earlier and it was a madhouse. Water, eggs, frozen food, etc. cleaned out. I just had to get a few things for me and my grandmother, who turned 92 last week while I house-sit for my mother and step-father, who are in the Bahamas.

• Like 1

I found it interesting that the WWE is still promoting this 

Of course I was assuming that there was no way the Florida Aquarium was staying open.

I was comically wrong about that.

That'd go against everything he's been peddling for the last week.  It'll just be some way he'll pump up he's under total control, or will throw someone under the bus for it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I found it interesting that the WWE is still promoting this 

Of course I was assuming that there was no way the Florida Aquarium was staying open.

I was comically wrong about that.

Oh, there's still ads here for a MSG house show that's supposedly happening next Saturday.  

I'm sure they're about to cancel or postpone that though. 

1 hour ago, ComingToAmerica said:

Will Ospreay is going to be wrestling his girlfriend on Monday live on YouTube

I thought YouTube had a policy on dirty stuff like that?

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I went to Shop Rite earlier and it was a madhouse. Water, eggs, frozen food, etc. cleaned out. I just had to get a few things for me and my grandmother, who turned 92 last week while I house-sit for my mother and step-father, who are in the Bahamas.

Publix was wiped out down here, so much so that some people I know are going to restaurant depot to buy supplies.

I have a feeling Smackdown will be the last wrestling show for some time. If 60-70% of the population will get it, 60-70% of wrestlers will get it. As soon as one tests positive in aew they will shut down. Of course Vince will fight that but I think this is about to be out of his hands.