DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

ROH just cancelled their weekend shows - including their Anniversary PPV

But good for them for selling enough tickets to be considered a non-essential gathering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I don't know if there is any truth to it or not but the theory going around is insurance reasons.

Like it's "better" if the government forces them as opposed to them electing to do it themselves.

(Kinda like for many with health insurance - if the doctor orders a test it can be completely covered but if you ask the doctor to do something it's "elective" and you have to pay. But insurance nonsense is a totally different topic)

That's supposedly what took so long to get Emerald Cty Comic Con postponed. The company that puts it on was waiting for the state to tell them to call it off so they would get an insurance settlement 

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wonder how some people are holding up without new STARDOM.

To be fair there was new Stardom just four days ago. It was just an empty arena show. It was actually pretty solid though you couldn't help but be disappointed knowing how much better it would have been with fans to add to the atmosphere. So far at least one tournament has been cancelled. It would have determined the no. 1 contender to Riho's High Speed Belt. Its looking like the another tournament, Cinderella, will be canceled as well. That probably would have determined the no. 1 contender for the Red belt in late April, a show that will be the second biggest Stardom show ever, assuming its actually allowed to happen.

Edited by Eivion

On 3/11/2020 at 2:02 PM, MORELOCK said:

This is a rabbit hole that will likely get the thread closed.

There are both plenty of reasons to panic and plenty of reasons not to trust the mainstream media. No one is crazy.

So let's get to the real question: Are we ever going to see AKI Man in an AEW ring?

Nope but I heard Dink Cain might appear when they run Utah.

• Haha 1

The XFL cancelled the season but they are paying their players for the entirety and allowing them to sign with any NFL team if they are so offered the chance. I'll be the first to come in here and bury VKM for his nonsense so in fairness I'll say that this is a pretty cool move. I think this goes a long way to legitimizing the league. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I’m assuming we’ll either be too busy being dead or fighting people in grocery stores for toilet paper to care.

Help Jimmy Rave out and buy autographed packs of toilet paper from him.

H20 Hardcore Kingdom 4 is still happening on Saturday. State of New Jersey put out their maximum assembly rule, and it was below the capacity of the building they're running.

Also, the GCW PPV on Fite that just finished tonight also aired live in IWTV as a special surprise. The promoter said at the end they are intending to go ahead with their booked shows until they're specifically told to stop. Although Joey Janela then said it looks likely that Spring Break probably will be cancelled.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, joseph2112 said:

The XFL cancelled the season but they are paying their players for the entirety and allowing them to sign with any NFL team if they are so offered the chance. I'll be the first to come in here and bury VKM for his nonsense so in fairness I'll say that this is a pretty cool move. I think this goes a long way to legitimizing the league. 

Yeah... Naaaaaaaaaaaah... It’s not like they were on big money contracts.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

So I watched that Macho Man/Stephanie video, and it reminded me again just why it's a nearly perfect rumor. There's absolutely no evidence, but it fits and explains things so neatly. It's absurd that it started here from a more or less joke account, and I don't really believe it's true, but it's very much the "just plausible enough" kind of thing to spread.

• Like 2