DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

46 minutes ago, matt925 said:

NBA owners are having a conference call tomorrow, likely empty arena. Governor of Ohio asking for sporting events to be empty arena, March madness about to start. It’s gonna be everything. 

I think you'll still see a lot of entities do their own thing. Cleveland's AHL hockey team, which uses the same building as the NBA Cavs have announced that fans will still be permitted at Sunday's game. The Columbus Blue Jackets announced the same thing for home games on Thursday and Saturday. 

WWE wants the Australia market just for RAW/SD.

When all the NXT international brands are up and operating, they can make NXT the global brand of the future for wrestling. Global localization,  think Coca Cola or Mcdonald's locally in your own country or continent. Of course adjustments will be made to suit the fans tastes.

You know how the board got nuked and there's no access to any archive from before the last full reset?

Someone got in somehow. Go to 5:00:

G Gordon Liddy (DVDVR) apparently started the Steph/Savage rumour RIGHT HERE on DVDVR board.

Also, look at the username of the person who started the thread. You don't think....?

Edited by AxB
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, AxB said:

You know how the board got nuked and there's no access to any archive from before the last full reset?

Someone got in somehow. Go to 5:00:

G Gordon Liddy (DVDVR) apparently started the Steph/Savage rumour RIGHT HERE on DVDVR board.

Also, look at the username of the person who started the thread. You don't think....?

Whaaaat the fuuuuuck. LOL I mean...no, couldn't be...

55 minutes ago, D.Z said:

WWE wants the Australia market just for RAW/SD.

When all the NXT international brands are up and operating, they can make NXT the global brand of the future for wrestling. Global localization,  think Coca Cola or Mcdonald's locally in your own country or continent. Of course adjustments will be made to suit the fans tastes.

The last thing puro needs is high-school drama-level hand-staring after a kickout.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Found the link. It's the actual sleaze thread.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050308041405/http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=19896&view=all

You know, even though I was here long before that, I'm not sure I actually posted in the thread itself. I know I was offline for about six months in late 2004/early 2005 when my computer broke and I couldn't afford a new one.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

The last thing puro needs is high-school drama-level hand-staring after a lockout.

The opposite of what you said will happen, but they could ban piledrivers and the back and forth strikes. The rest of the promotions in Japan wouldn't copy NXT Japan style anyway.

Anyway I wouldn't expect WWE to overtake NJPW. Japanese WWE fans tend to prefer the RAW/SD brands. Combined if NXT Japan does start up, their average potential attendances would be lower than DG and NJPW.

Edited by D.Z

3 hours ago, Peck said:

I think you'll still see a lot of entities do their own thing. Cleveland's AHL hockey team, which uses the same building as the NBA Cavs have announced that fans will still be permitted at Sunday's game. The Columbus Blue Jackets announced the same thing for home games on Thursday and Saturday. 

“Plans change”

7 hours ago, AxB said:

I've been reminding people about this for YEARS. Absolute bullshit rumour that spread like wildfire

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

The opposite of what you said will happen, but they could ban piledrivers and the back and forth strikes. The rest of the promotions in Japan wouldn't copy NXT Japan style anyway.

Anyway I wouldn't expect WWE to overtake NJPW. Japanese WWE fans tend to prefer the RAW/SD brands. Combined if NXT Japan does start up, their average potential attendances would be lower than DG and NJPW.

Disgusting.

And as I said to you before; I’d rather be paranoid than be wrong.

I can see NXT Japan stick around long enough though to slowly build a base. WWE would be able to support them a lot longer than any other wrestling company could continue. The point isn't to make a profit, it's to drain the competition. Allowing Akiyama to take the lead in helping draw in fans... I don't know. I understand fandom is different, it's a different culture.

I hate to be that guy but, suppose mania does get cancelled. Do we have these matches at a raw? Do they do them in an empty arena?  How do they proceed from there?  AEW is having the double cage on my birthday. Hoping it isn't cancelled.  Sad enough the Pearl Jam tour is cancelled. Really wanted to hear the new songs live.  2020 Year of the virus

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

You better be knocking on several inches of wood while you type that.

It's not getting cancelled. Jesus...Vince kept a show going after Owen fell 80 feet to his death, put on SD a day or 2 days after 9/11 and made a big deal about how they were the first to put a show back on for people, and he sure as shit isn't going to let this virus deter him from putting on WM. The show will go on, they'll probably make a big deal about how other sports cancelled their events or had empty arena shows, but not WWE.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Craig H said:

It's not getting cancelled. Jesus...Vince kept a show going after Owen fell 80 feet to his death, put on SD a day or 2 days after 9/11 and made a big deal about how they were the first to put a show back on for people, and he sure as shit isn't going to let this virus deter him from putting on WM. The show will go on, they'll probably make a big deal about how other sports cancelled their events or had empty arena shows, but not WWE.

Vince wouldn't, of course. But if the City of Tampa says they are closed for business, that's it, game over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I reside in Budapest right now. Italy is like CLOSED. Yeah, it's another country, we don't even share a border but it's only like a day's drive away. Prague is pretty much closed from tonight I think. My friend in Slovakia is teaching English via Skype to his students because people don't want to go outside.

Meanwhile in Brexitland, there's a run on toilet paper and the Conservative Party just embraced Keynesian economics.

Forget what you think you know.

Edited by ComingToAmerica

Chancellor Merkel said that up to 60-70% of Germans could eventually be infected. The UK Minister of Health has contracted the virus. I wasn't taking this seriously until the last two days. It's not a matter of will for Vince, it's whether he'll be allowed to run the show. I hope we can at least get to Blood & Guts before show cancellations and/or delays happen but it's insignificant, of course, in the bigger picture.

Edited by Oyaji
  • Like 1

What is the purpose of setting up performance centers around the world if they can't put on a decent show? It seems like their answer for everything is expand, get more wrestlers under contract, produce more content and it will all work out.