DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

8 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So you’re saying that all it takes to get a Wrestlemania match is to have a potential opponent point at the sign? Say somebody wants to wrestle Taker at Mania, but he refuses. So the wrestler sets up a banner over the Mania sign that reads “If you like big juicy booties, point here”. Taker points at it, and at that moment the future opponent pulls it down to reveal the sign underneath. Is this a legally binding contract?

b3746403032bea9c231b743a7e04f534.jpg

4 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

If there is one thing that me at the age of eleven and me now have the same opinion on, it is that Bret Hart is the G.O.A.T. when it comes to pro wrestling, and that Randy Savage is second on that list.

What things do you still believe about wrestling that you did when you were a kid?

Same here, same order. And it's funny because I am of an age where I really only grew up with WCW Macho on TV. I have super vague memories of him on Raw commentary when I was really little, but I mostly only saw him in the WWF by renting Coliseum Videos 

One other thing I believed then that I still believe now is that entrance music is of more importance to the presentation then one might think. It's the first impression the crowd gets. Whether it's in-house or an actual song or stock music, it has to be memorable at the very least. I spent so much time finding and hoarding entrance themes on CD and later MP3 back then- it was a big part of my fandom as a kid.

To add on to your post, I'd also like to see what people's opinions have changed on (though I guess that largely depends on the era you grew up in. When I was 11, I had been online for a couple of years and thought RVD vs Jerry Lynn was the greatest match ever).

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Bret is the greatest interview ever. His brutal honesty is so captivating to watch.

He's also turning into Stu Hart. Holy shit, what year was it last when Bret cleared his throat?! That shit drives me nuts and Bret is my N.A. GOAT and I love him to bits.

32 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

It disappoints me with all the established Stu Hart stories out there, the cat shit pancake flipper never became a foreign object.

I bet the Hart house smelled so bad. I had a friend who had a lot of cats and his house stunk to high heaven. Eventually, I had to stop hanging out with him because of it. Plus, he had a kid and was ready to be an adult while I hadn't grown out of my partying ways.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

None of youz guyz have had a wrap until you've had the Phoenix wrap @ the Colonial Diner in East Brunswick, New Jersey. It's stuffed to the gills with blackened chicken, avacado, black beans, and corn. As soon as you pick it up, the ingredients starts falling out. If you go on Sunday, the soup of the day is cream of turkey.

If that doesn't do it for you, it's about a ten minute drive to Rutgers University, home and innovator of the legendary fat sandwiches.

Drop the avocado and that wrap sounds like a winner. Once I get my car fixed, I'm headed to NYC to see my sister and might have to make time to explore this wrap. Should I swing by and pick you up? 

5 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

One other thing I believed then that I still believe now is that entrance music is of more importance to the presentation then one might think. It's the first impression the crowd gets. Whether it's in-house or an actual song or stock music, it has to be memorable at the very least. I spent so much time finding and hoarding entrance themes on CD and later MP3 back then- it was a big part of my fandom as a kid.

To add on to your post, I'd also like to see what people's opinions have changed on (though I guess that largely depends on the era you grew up in. When I was 11, I had been online for a couple of years and thought RVD vs Jerry Lynn was the greatest match ever).

Both of these are true for me. I LOVED the "WWF The Music" cds. I would blast them while playing basketball in my driveway. Honestly, I sometimes throw them on while I'm working now, just to psyche myself up and get through dinner rushes. 

I was around that age myself when I also thought RVD/Lynn was amazing. I remember the ECW on TNN episodes that showed one of their matches vividly. I taped them and would watch them over and over. I got the six disc set that RF produced of their feud and yeah, it does not hold up that well. 

• Like 2

I remember not too long after the invasion angle they were promoting an RVD/Jerry Lynn match on Smackdown. Being an ECW mark I was really excited for this, thinking that finally there would be some good wrestling in the WWE. I don't remember the details, but that I had been doing something with some friends that night but took off early to get back to my dorm to catch the match, then being thoroughly underwhelmed. Cagematch isn't showing any results for this but I swear to fuck it happened.

7 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Both of these are true for me. I LOVED the "WWF The Music" cds. I would blast them while playing basketball in my driveway. Honestly, I sometimes throw them on while I'm working now, just to psyche myself up and get through dinner rushes. 

I finally have a job where I can wear headphones while I work. I’ve learned that strutting around to Ass Man while no one around you is the wiser is a total power move and makes me super productive. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

I don't find any listing for a SmackDown match, but they did have a Sunday Night Heat match in August of 01. Might that be it?

I think this was the only time they had a televised WWE match. I remember being disappointed by it.