DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So you’re saying that all it takes to get a Wrestlemania match is to have a potential opponent point at the sign? Say somebody wants to wrestle Taker at Mania, but he refuses. So the wrestler sets up a banner over the Mania sign that reads “If you like big juicy booties, point here”. Taker points at it, and at that moment the future opponent pulls it down to reveal the sign underneath. Is this a legally binding contract?

HBK got a Wrestlemania title match by signing his name to a contract that wouldn’t have had his name anywhere else in the contract. Pointing to the Wrestlemania sign is more legally binding than that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Is this where I state my theory about the difference between burritos and wraps?  In all actuality a burrito and a wrap are the exact same thing, except if you go to a place and order a burrito, you expect a tortilla stuffed almost to bursting with delicious ingredients.  When you order a wrap, you expect something with maybe a couple cold cuts, and some raw spinach.  So, when you go to a restaurant and you see wrap on the menu, they're basically telling you to lower your expectations, because we aren't even trying to give you something as delicious as a burrito.  When you put a burrito on your menu, you're telling your customers that you value their money and wouldn't dream about selling them short.  When you see a burrito, you know you're in good hands.  When you see a wrap, you know that those people don't love you.  

Eating a steak wrap smothered in ketchup is about as big of a red flag as exists.  That is a meal that screams, "This person is completely untrustworthy."

So does this also apply to soup and stew? I mean their definitions are almost exactly the same but they are clearly different. Maybe it's a regional thing.

2 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

So does this also apply to soup and stew? I mean their definitions are almost exactly the same but they are clearly different. Maybe it's a regional thing.

Nooooooo man soup starts with stock and stew starts with a roux. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Kind of, except I think there is a such thing as good soup.  Don't get me wrong, most stew is better than most soup, but they are different.  Even a good wrap is just a bad burrito.

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Nooooooo man soup starts with stock and stew starts with a roux. 

Not every stew starts with a roux.  For the most part, gumbo is closer to a soup than a stew.  The thing that makes stew different is that it is usually made with cuts of meat that need that good low and slow cooking to break down.  You can make a great chicken soup in about an hour, but a stew is going to take a good 3-4 hours minimum.  If you cook a chicken for 3 or 4 hours, you wouldn't want to eat it afterwards.  A stew is reserved for stuff like chuck, pork shoulder, short ribs, or anything else that takes hours to melt down all the fat and collagen.  If by chance you make a chicken stew, it is usually made with thighs and legs, because dark meat takes longer to dry out, but it still shouldn't take more than an hour or so.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Next, allow me to explain the difference between jelly and jam...

To bring this all full circle, the difference between jelly and jam is the same as the difference between a juicy booty and a non juicy booty...because jam don't shake like that.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Also Lio Rush a moment ago posted a very scary cryptic tweet.

He was pulled from WXW 16 Karat Gold over the weekend (and replaced by Jeff Cobb) and nobody knew why.

If there is one thing that me at the age of eleven and me now have the same opinion on, it is that Bret Hart is the G.O.A.T. when it comes to pro wrestling, and that Randy Savage is second on that list.

What things do you still believe about wrestling that you did when you were a kid?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Smelly McUgly said:

If there is one thing that me at the age of eleven and me now have the same opinion on, it is that Bret Hart is the G.O.A.T. when it comes to pro wrestling, and that Randy Savage is second on that list.

What things do you still believe about wrestling that you did when you were a kid?

I'm not 100% sure if I have anything specific, but I'm generally amazed about how many matches I loved as a kid hold up even as I've become a much more discerning fan.  The thing that really set me apart from a lot of my wrestling loving friends as a kid is that I always loved Savage.  I remember being firmly on his side when the Mega Powers exploded.  I probably couldn't have put it in words, but I just thought Savage was better to the point that I didn't quite get why people liked Hulk Hogan more than him.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

The WWE is going to keep having shows, and fans are going to keep showing up, until some branch of the government shuts them down.  

Going by some reports today, we're not too far off from some branches of Government shutting themselves down.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

If you cook a chicken for 3 or 4 hours, you wouldn't want to eat it afterwards.  

If you have unedible chicken no matter what the cook time, you're doing it wrong.

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Is this where I state my theory about the difference between burritos and wraps?  In all actuality a burrito and a wrap are the exact same thing, except if you go to a place and order a burrito, you expect a tortilla stuffed almost to bursting with delicious ingredients.  When you order a wrap, you expect something with maybe a couple cold cuts, and some raw spinach.  So, when you go to a restaurant and you see wrap on the menu, they're basically telling you to lower your expectations, because we aren't even trying to give you something as delicious as a burrito.  When you put a burrito on your menu, you're telling your customers that you value their money and wouldn't dream about selling them short.  When you see a burrito, you know you're in good hands.  When you see a wrap, you know that those people don't love you.  

Eating a steak wrap smothered in ketchup is about as big of a red flag as exists.  That is a meal that screams, "This person is completely untrustworthy."

None of youz guyz have had a wrap until you've had the Phoenix wrap @ the Colonial Diner in East Brunswick, New Jersey. It's stuffed to the gills with blackened chicken, avacado, black beans, and corn. As soon as you pick it up, the ingredients starts falling out. If you go on Sunday, the soup of the day is cream of turkey.

If that doesn't do it for you, it's about a ten minute drive to Rutgers University, home and innovator of the legendary fat sandwiches.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

Wish we could get “Gangsta Taker” after he had his midlife crisis and became a rap fan. 

Could ride a crotch rocket to the ring with his bitch on the back and spout greatness like “This is my yard dawg” and throw up the Peace sign when he tells ppl to R.I.P. 

License to print money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

None of youz guyz have had a wrap until you've had the Phoenix wrap @ the Colonial Diner in East Brunswick, New Jersey. It's stuffed to the gills with blackened chicken, avacado, black beans, and corn. As soon as you pick it up, the ingredients starts falling out. If you go on Sunday, the soup of the day is cream of turkey.

This sounds suspiciously like a burrito.

• Like 4