DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

41 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

So you’re saying that all it takes to get a Wrestlemania match is to have a potential opponent point at the sign?

That exactly how it should happen going forward. In fact I've been indoctrinated for so long I can't for the life of me remember how feuds used to traditionally start pre-authority figure*

*Yes I know there are currently no authority figures on TV.

If you have some grand plan to start a Michelle McCool's arse photo battle, you're a few months too late. We're not to post pervert pics any more. Even if it's for science.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, AxB said:

If you have some grand plan to start a Michelle McCool's arse photo battle, you're a few months too late. We're not to post pervert pics any more. Even if it's for science.

I feel like if we're going to post one as a way to back up a point, we should have to present it "lawyer style;" Labelling photos "Exhibit A," et al....

4 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I just can’t claim that McCool had a juicy booty. I have to show evidence. 

I for one am a visual learner, and I find it hard to understand what juicy means without an educational visual aid.  

• Haha 3

Yeah, but it invites someone to try to refute it by searching for pictures where she's skinnier and has a junkless trunk.

1 minute ago, AxB said:

Yeah, but it invites someone to try to refute it by searching for pictures where she's skinnier and has a junkless trunk.

So, you'd prefer less informed discussion on the board?  For shame.  I know the pain of mistaking a booty as juicy based on limited evidence.  Here in the year of our lord 2020, I believe that we should see all of the evidence, so we can make a truly informed decision.  

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, supremebve said:

So, you'd prefer less informed discussion on the board?  For shame.  I know the pain of mistaking a booty as juicy based on limited evidence.  Here in the year of our lord 2020, I believe that we should see all of the evidence, so we can make a truly informed decision.  

I'm kind of with you on that but I would like to not see this thread get shut down on only the 9th day in March.  Or any day for that matter.  Besides, we can just Google it ourselves.

3 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

In other news... That’s what, like half of the WWE’s audience staying at home. I wonder if the Hall of Fame is happening

It's going to be very interesting to see how this all plays out.  I would think all the shows will go on but can definitely see less people attending.  For WM I can see it maybe being a couple thousand less than normal but don't imagine the indy shows having as big a drop in attendance.

Apparently the reason the WWE on Fox twitter account posted saying" (a certain internet wrestling news reporter) is not a trusted source and don't listen to him" was because he reported a case of coronavirus in WWE's headquarters in Connecticut.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

In other news... That’s what, like half of the WWE’s audience staying at home. I wonder if the Hall of Fame is happening.

Dude, the problem with this entire thing is that it really only takes one person to fuck it up for literally thousands of people.  I read that the priest at a DC church who gave communion to over 500 people on Sunday tested positive.  All of those people have been told to self-quarantine, which is impossible.  If all of those people had the means to miss multiple days of work, maybe 475 of them would quarantine themselves.  Even then I'm willing to bet a good number haven't even heard they were supposed to be self-quarantined, and are out living their lives right now.  We also live in a country where people aren't about to give up millions of dollars in the name of public safety.  The WWE is going to keep having shows, and fans are going to keep showing up, until some branch of the government shuts them down.  

15 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Vince thinks sneezing is a sign of weakness and a lack of self control.  He probably believes you can beat coronavirus with a five sets of heavy bench followed by a steak wrap.

I'd be willing to bet that Vince has never had a steak wrap or any wrap.  Too phallic shaped.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, supremebve said:

I'd be willing to bet that Vince has never had a steak wrap or any wrap.  Too phallic shaped.

"Steak wrap" is actually one of those well-known McMahon stories.  Essentially, a writer pitched a story wherein Eddy Guerrero would leave a burrito out for Big Show to eat, but the burrito would have been spiked with laxative.  The storyline should have been right up Vince's alley except Vince had no idea what a burrito was and thought no viewer would either.  Like it was a completely alien concept.

Thing is, every day at noon, Vince would have his assistant bring him a steak wrap smothered in ketchup.  He was essentially eating a white trash burrito every day without knowing what it was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

"Steak wrap" is actually one of those well-known McMahon stories.  Essentially, a writer pitched a story wherein Eddy Guerrero would leave a burrito out for Big Show to eat, but the burrito would have been spiked with laxative.  The storyline should have been right up Vince's alley except Vince had no idea what a burrito was and thought no viewer would either.  Like it was a completely alien concept.

Thing is, every day at noon, Vince would have his assistant bring him a steak wrap smothered in ketchup.  He was essentially eating a white trash burrito every day without knowing what it was.

Those are meat pockets, pal. Burrito is too ethnic, you’ll polarize your audience.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Technico Support said:

Is this where I state my theory about the difference between burritos and wraps?  In all actuality a burrito and a wrap are the exact same thing, except if you go to a place and order a burrito, you expect a tortilla stuffed almost to bursting with delicious ingredients.  When you order a wrap, you expect something with maybe a couple cold cuts, and some raw spinach.  So, when you go to a restaurant and you see wrap on the menu, they're basically telling you to lower your expectations, because we aren't even trying to give you something as delicious as a burrito.  When you put a burrito on your menu, you're telling your customers that you value their money and wouldn't dream about selling them short.  When you see a burrito, you know you're in good hands.  When you see a wrap, you know that those people don't love you.  

Eating a steak wrap smothered in ketchup is about as big of a red flag as exists.  That is a meal that screams, "This person is completely untrustworthy."

• Like 6

1 minute ago, The Great ML said:

Those are meat pockets, pal. Burrito is too ethnic, you’ll polarize your audience.

STEAK WRAPS WIN TITLES, PAL.  BURRITOS STAY IN THE MIDCARD AND RIDE TO THE RING ON LAWNMOWERS

Just now, supremebve said:

Is this where I state my theory about the difference between burritos and wraps?  In all actuality a burrito and a wrap are the exact same thing, except if you go to a place and order a burrito, you expect a tortilla stuffed almost to bursting with delicious ingredients.  When you order a wrap, you expect something with maybe a couple cold cuts, and some raw spinach.  So, when you go to a restaurant and you see wrap on the menu, they're basically telling you to lower your expectations, because we aren't even trying to give you something as delicious as a burrito.  When you put a burrito on your menu, you're telling your customers that you value their money and wouldn't dream about selling them short.  When you see a burrito, you know you're in good hands.  When you see a wrap, you know that those people don't love you.  

Eating a steak wrap smothered in ketchup is about as big of a red flag as exists.  That is a meal that screams, "This person is completely untrustworthy."

I need to print and frame this.  *****

• Like 3