DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

21 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Don't do that to them.

Of course Tully ditching partnerless Shawn Spears for a real tag team would be a good way to pay that off.

And if you want to turn Shawn face he could like his wounds, come back realizing his fuckups and partner with a popular/semi-popular babyface.  I think that could lead to some fun tags if they wanted to go that route.

The #SearchForSpears thing does seem like some ludicrous stalling that will lead nowhere fast. But maybe he could have Spears and FTR - Spears isn't exactly much for flips and there's already a good amount of potential Trios in AEW (SCU, Best Friends & Orange, Death Triangle, Uno/Grayson/Exalted, Cody/Dustin/QT, Jurassic Express, MJF/Butcher/Blade, Bucks/Hardy?) - I'd be amazed if we didn't see a tourney at some point.

Yeah, or they could just turn him face. They haven't really done a face turn in AEW yet?

Edited by ComingToAmerica

I think #SearchForSpears sounds like a nice wait & see angle like how the #JoinTheDarkOrder has turned out for them. It’s a million times better than the “Chairman”. Plus, Tully’s ad read for that commercial was excellent. We need Tully hawking for  Valvoline(or something else) in character.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

8 minutes ago, AxB said:

Everyone loves Suge D's Search for Spears application:

I've never seen anything from him before.  But whether he's teaming with Shawn or not I would love to see him in AEW just based on that video.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I think #SearchForSpears sounds like a nice wait & see angle like how the #JoinTheDarkOrder has turned out for them. 

The only thing most are waiting to see with the Dork Odor is if the Exalted One is someone we actually like getting thrown into the pool of suck. Similarily, the only thing people are waiting on with the search is to see if it's possible to get Spears over. I'm not sure that kind of wait and see is "nice." ? 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AxB said:

Everyone loves Suge D's Search for Spears application:

And now that I have seen it, I also love it. Really great. Sugar is fucking awesome though, so no great surprise there, eh?

He was a commentator for Beyond for a little while as well. He also has a really good Podcast. Last one had Ophidian as a guest, next one has the leader of those Walmart Wrestlers.

3 hours ago, MORELOCK said:

What would a satisfying payoff to the search even look like? Is there anyone already in the company that they have in mind?

You know there's a certain former WWE tag team champion just sitting there without a contract...

4 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

This is kinda neat. I was listening to Prichard's podcast today and apparently "Dolph Ziggler" wasn't a take on Dirk Diggler. It's a combo of Dolph Brisco, former governor of Texas, and Zig Ziggler, the motivational author.

That IS neat.

It still sucks as a name.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

This is kinda neat. I was listening to Prichard's podcast today and apparently "Dolph Ziggler" wasn't a take on Dirk Diggler. It's a combo of Dolph Brisco, former governor of Texas, and Zig Ziggler, the motivational author.

On Lillian Garcia's podcast, Dolph said that the name came about when he got a call that they  were going to put him on TV with the name "David Diggler".  He protested and asked if he could come up with a better name, and was told he had 15 minutes to come up with something better,  He settled on Dolph because of an uncle named Adolph and Dolph Lundgren.  When he got to the meeting, someone slipped him a piece of paper with "Ziggler" written on it and he sold Vince and the writers on "Dolph Ziggler".

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

On Lillian Garcia's podcast, Dolph said that the name came about when he got a call that they  were going to put him on TV with the name "David Diggler".  He protested and asked if he could come up with a better name, and was told he had 15 minutes to come up with something better,  He settled on Dolph because of an uncle named Adolph and Dolph Lundgren.  When he got to the meeting, someone slipped him a piece of paper with "Ziggler" written on it and he sold Vince and the writers on "Dolph Ziggler".

Well, now we have a mystery of who came up with the only dumb name I've never gotten used to. A mystery that makes me hate myself for spending time on.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

THEY CUT IT OFF AT THEE BEST PART!!!!

HJV, dropping thee Alchemical Magickal Street Science as well as elevating thee Funky Scientific Street Magick, thee Divine Arte of Putting Asses in thee Seats, baby...

- a little Funky Jew,

RAF

Ashlee Simpson is no longer the worst lip syncer I've ever seen.

So SXSW was canceled, and now this...

Sooooo we’ll see how this effects other public events i.e. WrestleMania, the events surrounding that weekend, and other live wrestling events like WWE TV, and AEW TV are affected. I hope this shit doesn’t make it to late May.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs