DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

4 hours ago, christopher.annino said:

Djarum Blacks bring me back... When you could still smoke at venues and clubs (which I didn't do) there was always that point in the night where you'd smell a clove being smoked. Almost as essential to the HC/punk experience as Denny's on the way home. 

Yes! You nailed it exactly.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1

On 3/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, AxB said:

So this month, AEW has a not-Wargames double ring cage match on the 25th, WWE has the Elimination Chamber event on the 8th featuring like three Elimination Chamber matches, NXT has two Cage Matches on Wednesday the 4th, and Impact has Lockdown (an all cage match show) on Impact Plus on the 28th.

By April Fool's Day, we're going to be sick of chain link.

3 Elimination Chamber matches? I thought the WWE title match was already set as well as the Raw Women's title? Why is there still 3 Elimination Chamber matches when most of the main title matches for Mania is set?

The last red herring before the reveal, I guess? For those that don’t remember, a disgruntled Brodie Lee/Luke Harper would literally just tweet out “It’s *Insert the day it was*” for days, and nothing else.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

Is there a hidden message in that one, if you zoom in super small? It said Sitting in a Dead Tree on the last one.

Random question that popped into my head, maybe not quite old school enough for the old school thread, so apologies if this is in the wrong place:

I remember reading years ago, could be bullshit, that there was some sort of alternate idea for Invasion (or another WWF angle sometime around the WCW buyout anyway) that was apparently good enough to where the reporter (I won't say Meltzer because I don't remember 100%) didn't want to reveal it publically in case it was ever used.

Does anyone know/remember what I'm talking about, and if so, was it ever revealed what that idea was supposed to be?

43 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Random question that popped into my head, maybe not quite old school enough for the old school thread, so apologies if this is in the wrong place:

I remember reading years ago, could be bullshit, that there was some sort of alternate idea for Invasion (or another WWF angle sometime around the WCW buyout anyway) that was apparently good enough to where the reporter (I won't say Meltzer because I don't remember 100%) didn't want to reveal it publically in case it was ever used.

Does anyone know/remember what I'm talking about, and if so, was it ever revealed what that idea was supposed to be?

Are you talking about WWF/WCW Nitro show advertised for Red Deer, Alberta? I'm don't remember if that was before Invasion started, during or towards the end.

43 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I remember someone posting a detailed outline here and other places about the "lockdown" concept where WCW guys had to be at the arena 24 hours before showtime and then the drama happens whil they're "locked down." Might be a fun concept now that WWE has nXt/PC.

The other I rememebr reading in a magazine at the time was a completely independent WCW, owned by Titan, where the tops stars were expected to be Booker T, RVD, Test, and DDP.

47 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Are you talking about WWF/WCW Nitro show advertised for Red Deer, Alberta? I'm don't remember if that was before Invasion started, during or towards the end.

No not that, there were a bunch of WCW dates that went out prematurely I think around May-June '01

48 minutes ago, just drew said:

I remember someone posting a detailed outline here and other places about the "lockdown" concept where WCW guys had to be at the arena 24 hours before showtime and then the drama happens whil they're "locked down." Might be a fun concept now that WWE has nXt/PC.

The other I rememebr reading in a magazine at the time was a completely independent WCW, owned by Titan, where the tops stars were expected to be Booker T, RVD, Test, and DDP.

I remember the Lockdown thing but that was a fan-made "pitch" and nothing official

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:
On 3/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, christopher.annino said:

Djarum Blacks bring me back... When you could still smoke at venues and clubs (which I didn't do) there was always that point in the night where you'd smell a clove being smoked. Almost as essential to the HC/punk experience as Denny's on the way home. 

Yes! You nailed it exactly.

You're from New Jersey. White Castle after the show! 

• Like 5

WWE statement to ABC Action News regarding COVID-19 in Tampa:

The health and safety of our fans, performers and employees are our top priorities and we are monitoring the situation closely with our partners and government officials in Tampa Bay. We remain committed to hosting WrestleMania at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday, April 5, and like other entertainment properties in the U.S., there are currently no plans to cancel or postpone our upcoming events.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/region-hillsborough/march-madness-wrestlemania-events-moving-forward-as-coronavirus-hits-tampa-bay

5 hours ago, Zartan said:

Sooner the better this bullshit is like the corona virus of the board spreading wherever Patient 0 posts(LoneWolf). 

No, the corona virus is at least interesting.  This is speculation on the leader of a group of jobbers.  This is like endless speculation on the mystery leader of The Social Outcasts.