DVDVR Message Board

MAR 2020 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I still don't even know what the Bump is on. I just see clips for it pop up here and there. Then I wonder why they have the Bump when they already have Backstage. I assume the Bump is internet only.

Yeah - its live on Youtube

5 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I kinda do hope he goes to AEW and revives the Broken Matt gimmick as the leader of Dark Order.   But that saddles him with Dark Order and he deserves better than that.

If it leads to him putting Stu Grayson and Evil Uno into the Lake of Reincarnation and bringing back the Super Smash Brothers I am all for it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Craig H said:

Probably Dijak. Doesn't win title matches, wins and loses, but a big deal is made out of him.

I would have shot Dijak and Lee both to the main roster forever ago, but if I was running things, I'd do a hell of a lot of other things differently too.

The "title match' doesn't win thing is there- but it'd seem like Velveteen Dream would be the Breeze of right now: Big deal's made of him. They never quite go all-in on him, but he's still considered one of the top stars in NXT and a big deal otherwise. (He did have the NA title win- but honestly, if the North American title existed in 14-15 Tyler Breeze would have absolutely gotten that title too, so it's still kind of even.)

• Like 1

I suppose Dream fits the profile more, but if Dream couldn't have a good match with Roddy, I can't imagine what him having a match against Akiyama would be. Not like it would happen anyway.

Oh shit, right there. Roddy. Give me Roddy vs Akiyama.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

He was just announced as appearing on one of those random WWE talk shows this week (either the Bump or that one that CM Punk occasionally shows up on)

22 minutes ago, nate said:

The irony of Jeff Hardy being on a show called "The Bump"

I understand why it's call "The Bump" but every time I hear the name of the show I imagine it's a twee Lifetime talk show where pregnant women talk about pregnancy.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

38 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I think of people snorting giant rails of cocaine and then answering questions.  Which is actually a better concept than Hot Ones

With the demand for content across a million platforms these days, I refuse to believe this hasn’t been pitched by some exec, somewhere and ironically while high as hell.

S1E01 - Nicolas Cage

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I think of people snorting giant rails of cocaine and then answering questions.  Which is actually a better concept than Hot Ones

Goddamn, this is a winner. It would be hard to breathe in that studio, what with all the cigarette smoke plus the added heavy air because of all the bullshit coming out of cokeheads mouths.

I would like to volunteer to shoot an episode, please.

"Man, this yay is pretty great, should we talk about the redeeming qualities of 80's slashers, or how as an 8 year old,  Optimus Prime's death in Transformers: The Movie really colored my vision of what it means to be mortal?"

Edited by grilledcheese
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I've played that game many, many times. My favorite instance was playing Family Feud. Name something you put in a blender. My answer: a baby

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

WWF did that show in the 80’s. It was called “Tuesday Night Titans”. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 12

Showerthought for the day: Why aren't there "near two counts"? Like, I've seen plenty of times where somebody kicks out JUST before the two count, but the ref still counts two even though the opponent has kicked out. If a ref is able to stop their count so quickly when it's a kickout right before 3, they should also be able to do it on 2. 

Carry on

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

Showerthought for the day: Why aren't there "near two counts"? Like, I've seen plenty of times where somebody kicks out JUST before the two count, but the ref still counts two even though the opponent has kicked out. If a ref is able to stop their count so quickly when it's a kickout right before 3, they should also be able to do it on 2. 

I assumed it was similar to boxing where you have the standing eight-count where someone is clearly up before then, but they still count to eight.

5 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

One of these announcers just said "WrestleMania will be streaming live on WWE Network"   Does that put to bed the ESPN+/DAZN, etc.  discussion for Mania this year?  I don't know but I found it worth mentioning..  

I don’t know, but the stocks are going to get hit hard again if that’s the case.

Kayfabe-wise it isn't really relevant to a referee whether someone kicks out at 1.9 or 2. The match ends on 3, so that's where the second fractions count and the referee needs to worry about precision. 

• Like 1

Djarum Blacks bring me back... When you could still smoke at venues and clubs (which I didn't do) there was always that point in the night where you'd smell a clove being smoked. Almost as essential to the HC/punk experience as Denny's on the way home. 

• Like 1