DVDVR Message Board

I'm Next - SDL - 2/28/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Cena vs Wyatt is a great WM match if the story around the first New Orleans WM where him losing was the first of many many many times his momentum would be killed.  And he gets his revenge.  If Cena wins this year which is what most people thinks will happen then it is effectively the end of him.  

Then he comes back 6 months later in a new gimmick that people will oooh and aaah about until he loses again when it matters

All I saw was some assholes deep in the crowd flashing white power/okay hand signs during the contract signing off in the distance, so I got sad and remembered it was Boston and changed the channel.

I’m not sure why anyone thinks Cena would win this at Mania. I believe last time he was in a wrestlemania ring he took a squashing from a supernatural character. Cena doesn’t need the win. I think I’d actually have Fiend do nothing but murk part-timers until his showdown with Reigns in the fall.

If they have the patience, having Fiend going over Cena and Reigns going over Goldberg sets up Reigns having to survive the Fiend at Summerslam pretty well. The Fiend character works better as something a babyface champion has to survive. I'm not convinced they could even follow a six month plan at this point though.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, just drew said:

I’m not sure why anyone thinks Cena would win this at Mania. I believe last time he was in a wrestlemania ring he took a squashing from a supernatural character. Cena doesn’t need the win. I think I’d actually have Fiend do nothing but murk part-timers until his showdown with Reigns in the fall.

There is a huge difference between a hall of famer like Taker and a guy who may be an after thought 10 years from now

Taker doesn't need a win over AJ Styles but the majority of the people thinks he will. Once you get to a certain level whether they "need a win" doesn't matter anymore

Edited by hammerva

well, after you adjust for 21st Century Spot Inflation, it's just a Powerplex really.

minus the coolest part of the original Powerplex -- the timing -- since Paul Roma Uso has to wait for Morrison to turn over before starting his dive.

Still past time to bring it back, though.

Edited by BobbyWhioux

They really need to chill out on RAW IS RED and SMACKDOWN IS BLUE stuff. In the Sasha/Bayley vs Naomi/Lacey match 3 of the 4 were in blue. Should heels be wearing brand's color? It's just a bit much. And remember when they paid enough attention to derail that opponents didn't wear the same color gear?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I don't think Roman would have much trouble "surviving" The Fiend,  to be honest.  

6CCCSVr.gif

Well Roman does wear the vest but no way he is hiding that much blubber underneath. Jello doesn’t jiggle as much as Bray’s belly does when Goldberg let’s go of the pin in that gif. 

• Haha 1

On 2/28/2020 at 9:36 PM, Eivion said:

I like the idea of Cena trying to bow out gracefully and not steal a full timer's chance only for the Fiend to show up and basically demand the match

He could have clawed him though, at the very least. Instead he just points at the sign? Jeez. 

The funniest part was him turning tail right before the lights went out haha

On 2/29/2020 at 3:00 PM, hammerva said:

wow didn't know the Fiend pointed at the WM sign.  Fuck what a geek looking move that is.  

Wait, did you not watch the show?

On 3/1/2020 at 1:47 AM, just drew said:

And now I want to see how everyone would react to Fiend vs Punk at SummerSlam...

• Like 2