DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

19th July 2012. Blackpool Winder Gardens. All Star Wrestling. Steven J Walters (a young Dash Wilder/Cash Wheeler) vs Deano Allmark.

Interesting to look back now at ROH child prodigies Bryan Danielson and Paul London, and how differently their careers have turned out a generation later. Not that Paul has had a bad career by any means, but Danielson has of course gone on to some pretty massive stuff. 

• Like 1

MAAAN.  This is STIFF!  The best parts are Syuri and Nakajima beating the living hell out of each other.  Everything else is really great too.

• Like 1

Short but sweet like a lot of BML. Sawa is a beauty and he does a better Mutoh than Mutoh does most of the time. Lingerie Mutoh is my favourite thing in wrestling. Kengo is such an under-the-radar dope wrestler.

• Like 1

Man, I forgot how great this match was.  The best match in the storied history of GAEA.  The old guard in Akira Hokuto's corner puts this over the top.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Man, how have I never seen that fucking match between two of my favourite joshi stars. That's great. So many wrestlers could learn from that one, this is what it looks like when two people are actually trying to win from the opening bell, but it still tells a story. There's zero fucking around. Hokuto has always had that rare skill to an all-time level, so it's probably not surprising it works great here with Satomura too. This is just absolute bomb throwing at its best.

Satomura has this weird quirk in her wrestling that comes up a lot in her matches just due to the degree of difficulty of stuff she does, it comes up a lot with the bicycle kick, where somehow when things fuck up in her matches it doesn't bother me very often because she and her usual opponents are really good at making it look like "two people struggling over holds/moves" and it ends up coming off like a more legitimate competition. 

• Like 1

Ken Patera is awesome as the flailing, bumping heel for the oddly babyface Don Jardine Spoiler.  Jardine's offense is just fucking monumental.  He should have wrestled face more often.

I saw the highlights of their match from this year and I need to see the whole thing.  Here they are from 2018.

• Like 2