DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

Andre Bollet is a bald, salty French BASTARD!  Henri Bury has beautiful locks and is a technical wrestler.  Bury outwrestles Bollet,  Bollet outbastards Bury.  Sometimes, bastard wins....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Command Bolshoi was pretty underrated.  Hikari Fukuoka was the Hikaru Shida of the 90's, if Shida had the absolute nastiest finisher on earth.  Here.  The greatest Moonsault Stomp ever.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 1:47 PM, J.H. said:

Flair & Steve Keirn? In 86?
Must be Florida since the Fabs had left AWA and Memphos and were feuding with Humperdink's crew

James

This match is fairly cookie cutter and still great, but I will say this uncontroversial fact in an obnoxious manner: I feel sorry for folks who did not get to see Flair in his World Champ prime live, because thee Man was every inch a Pro Wrestler. It is evident on tape &Y TV, but in the ring he engaged every person in those seats. The number of workers who tried to be as cool of a heel as thee Nature Boy and did not measure up could book a mega-card of all Royal Rumble matches with a main event of a two ring 60 man Battle Royal.

• Like 2

I need to get more into El Dandy in his prime because man do I dig him. Negro Casas is always BOSS even when he isn't because no one can be boss coming out Emerson, Lake & POWELL (this is at least the 2nd wrestler I can recall using "Touch & GO")

James

Thoughts As I Watch: These guys barely run the ropes for the first 15 minutes. It's 2 guys working the mat, trying out jockey each other for mat holds. Hell the first really big move isn't until after the 18 1/2 minute mark with El Dandy hitting a swank powerslam. I'm so digging this match!)

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The thing is. when you do a deep dive on a wrestler via the YouTubes, the YouTubes then recommend matches you might wanna look at. So amidst my El Dandy deep dive the YouTubes said "Hey James, why not take a break from El Dandy and wath this?"

My response was "well fuck yah!"

James

• Like 2

This is incredible. A complete sprint all the way through, big guys with BIG gas tanks just plowing into each other at 2x speed for 15 minutes with no let up, and everything is STIFF. At one point Tenryu has to take a breather and Hansen just keeps pounding away. An absolute gem of a match that might have cracked my top ever list. If AEW or any other federation could pull a six man off like this, everyone would wet their pants. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Matt D posted this match to YouTube yesterday.  It's Edouard Carpentier and Eddy Koparanian against Andre Bollet and Georges Gueret.  This is the good French stuff that is their version of 1986 UWF Mid-South.  So many kidney shots.  AHH! MY PEE!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Gotta love the salaryman in the front row jumping up and down at the pinfall. Can't believe '91 Andre actually took a bump, even if it looked like an old man falling out of bed. 

You know Baba is so sympathetic in his old age. Him taking Misawa elbows just feels like elder abuse.

• Like 2

I was a 12 year old little mark in Jacksonville when Funk won the title. I was not very impressed because it was a one fall match, which was unheard of for an NWA title match at the time. I'd seen lots of guys (including Wahoo, Jose Lothario, Eddie Graham, Johnny Valentine, and Joe Scarpa) take a fall off Kiniski but nobody could get that second one. All of which primed me for the Brisco chase. And the spinning toe hold was pretty unconvincing even back then. 

• Like 1

Jesus Christ, Killer Khan was the greatest wrestler to ever wrestle.  He is so fucking good.  Chris Adams was a wrestling machine,  ASIAN SPIKE!

• Like 3

Yeah, this channel is fucking great.  The Dirty White Boys are so fucking good.  Tony Anthony might have been better than Killer Khan.  Len Denton keeps missing elbow drops.  I love that the first five minutes is the Fantastics hugging all the ladies at ringside as MidSouth was the DDT of the mid-80s.  Awww, Tommy Rogers was so good.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
On 1/27/2022 at 1:33 AM, J.H. said:

I need to get more into El Dandy in his prime because man do I dig him. Negro Casas is always BOSS even when he isn't because no one can be boss coming out Emerson, Lake & POWELL (this is at least the 2nd wrestler I can recall using "Touch & GO")

James

Thoughts As I Watch: These guys barely run the ropes for the first 15 minutes. It's 2 guys working the mat, trying out jockey each other for mat holds. Hell the first really big move isn't until after the 18 1/2 minute mark with El Dandy hitting a swank powerslam. I'm so digging this match!)

Enjoy your deep dive! One of the first things that drew me to Dandy was he seemed to have eight million ways to do a rollup. My #4 luchador behind Casas, Satanico and EHDS. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
33 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Yeah, this channel is fucking great.  The Dirty White Boys are so fucking good.  Tony Anthony might have been better than Killer Khan.  Len Denton keeps missing elbow drops.  I love that the first five minutes is the Fantastics hugging all the ladies at ringside as MidSouth was the DDT of the mid-80s.  Awww, Tommy Rogers was so good.

One thing I am sure

One thing I am certain of

This is pro wrestling