DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Having never seen Necro/SD... thank you. 

For the longest time it wasn’t online. Recently I was yearning for some good 04-06 Indy violence and I finally saw it posted!!! I love both Necro Butcher and Super Dragon and this match is great.

• Like 1

Yeah that was a bucket list match for me. IWA-MS thankfully did a good string of their greatest hits on Youtube but there's a ton of ROH, PWG, JAPW and such from the early '00s (waaaaaaaayyyyy too much ROH, and absolutely no JAPW) that aren't on there too. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah that was a bucket list match for me. IWA-MS thankfully did a good string of their greatest hits on Youtube but there's a ton of ROH, PWG, JAPW and such from the early '00s (waaaaaaaayyyyy too much ROH, and absolutely no JAPW) that aren't on there too. 

I have so much love for that time period’s American Indy scene. Such great and unique talent. Super Dragon, Necro Butcher, Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, CM Punk, Mike Quackenbush, Homicide, Steve Corino, Jack Evans, Delirious, Christopher Daniels, etc. All these companies that had their own individual feel as well with CHIKARA, ROH, PWG, CZW, etc. TNA would be TNA but the X-Division was often exciting. 
Remember when PWG was Scott Lost and Chris Bosh doing silly skits. Excalibur was a goofball. Human Tornado was bitch slapping everyone. It had a South Park feel before ROH as the Indy dream match factory when ROH started going down the tv wrestling path.

As for the stuff being uploaded to YouTube, thank God the Necro matches against Samoa Joe and Low Ki were uploaded back then. Really a game changer for me. I was sadly downloading ROH matches and shows off of another forum. I remember downloading one of the CZW Cage of Deaths and thinking it was nuts.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...