DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

On 3/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, DEAN said:

Harley Race was the world champion of my childhood.  I remember being a tiny little fat boy when he came into the Mid-Atlantic territory and had a match on TV versus Wahoo McDaniel and I remember it being he best match I had ever seen.  I'm guessing it was like this but without the blood and the clean finish.  Yes, these were two wrestling machines.

I am about eight or nine years older, young DEAN! so I recall a decade or so when the question was "If you could pick any one person in the world to have your back in a bar-fight who would it be?" The answer was of course, Harley Race. 

• Like 3

The Super Destroyer (Don Jardine) takes on Jerry Brisco.  Jardine is a machine that also loads his mask to set up his claw hold.

• Like 1

Hey!  I remember this when I was 9.  Wahoo wasn't the one to ACTUALLY unmask the Super Destroyer.  That was #1 Paul Jones.

• Like 1

Rick Martel should be in this conversation. 

EDIT: This is crazy, but the commentary guy lets loose that Rick Martel started when he was 17 and if you do the math he'd been wrestling 13 years at this point. Which makes his WCW run seem really awesome. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I love how big a star Martel feels like in that match. 

Likewise in this match, which I love (but this version seems shorter than I remember), where the Funks beat the crap out of Zenk but treat Martel with total respect.

I've never actually seen this one, but I want to:

• Like 2

The rising shrieks when the heel team uses underhanded tactics like double team choking Ted on the top rope or, better yet, using the turnbuckle from the second rope falling off or the chair later on... just a pro wrestler's dream. Dr. Death was as wide as a brick shithouse, god damn. 

• Like 3