DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

It's the French version of the RnR vs the Midnight Express,- as Les Bloussons Noir are great heels and Gilbert LeDuc and Batman are fun, highflying faces.  The biggest heel is the smug, asshole barber.  Maybe more like DiBiase and Murdoch since they lay it in more and are more physically dominant than the Midnight Express.

Schneider posted this in Twitter and it makes one want to watch some Futen.  Diasuke Ikeda would lay it in,  Takeshi Ono would lay it in.

• Like 4

Slowly sifting through the French stuff Matt D posted on YouTube and trying to find all the stuff comparable to 1980's MidSouth.  I see that Roger Delaport and Andre Bollet are the French Minnesota Wrecking Crew- Gene and Ole Anderson version.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, DEAN said:

Slowly sifting through the French stuff Matt D posted on YouTube and trying to find all the stuff comparable to 1980's MidSouth. 

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2021/05/french-catch-tuesday-master-list.html

This has links to all of the stuff we've covered that isn't public yet too. I need to update it. Maybe this weekend. I put it together really fast and dirty but it gets the job done.

• Like 1

I found some unmarked DVDs while cleaning that turned out to be wrestling, including a Schneider Comp that had this on it; Strong Kobayashi vs Andre The Giant from 72

As the kids would say, this match fucks.  Andre is still young and spry and Kobayashi is an amazing prick dragging him to the mat with all kinds of nasty headscissors and armlocks, throwing nasty punches to the face and body while he has him in the holds and stomping him every chance he gets.  And while Andre isn't going to make you forget Billy Robinson he hangs with Kobayashi on the mat just fine  It goes on a little long but goddamn this rules.

• Like 3

More French MidSouth.  More Roger Delaporte, this time tagging with Paul Villars, so this would be the Minnesota Wrecking Crew with Arn.  Gordon Nelson and Bud Cody are there to be outraged and be punched in the kidneys over and over, and they respond to their rage by just punching everybody in the face.  So great.

• Like 2

Hey!  Almost as good as French Doing MidSouth is this- French Doing BattlARTS.  Jacky Corn in Takeshi Uno, Ted LaMare is Katsumi Usuda.  The finish is like that match where Alexander Otsuka won by giving Mohammed Yone four dragon suplexes, but it's ninety punches to the face.  Intense!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't watch enough Bobby Eaton after he passed. Today I was looking at an old Segunda while eating breakfast and saw a review of Bobby Eaton vs. Dave Taylor. Huh. This led me to put "Bobby Eaton vs. Dave Taylor" into Google and I came up with this. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dave+Taylor+vs.+Bobby+Eaton&rlz=1C1CHZN_enUS933US933&oq=Dave+Taylor+vs.+Bobby+Eaton&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

It has like four or five matches of them on the WCW syndie shows plus some tags. Gold from the hills, surely. 

• Like 1

Liger vs. Fuchi from the Tokyo Dome, 2001. Fuchi stretching anybody for the first chunk of the match is always fine by me, Fuchi stretching Liger at the Dome in front of his AJPW crowd is even better. For all the things Liger is wonderful at, being a total dickhead in interpromotional matches has to be in his Top 3. There's like honest-to-God heat on this match, too, definitely not a NJPW Juniors-at-the-Dome vibe of crowd indifference/ignorance. Early 00's interpromtional puroresu is boss.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

Ha!  I remember back when I didn't like Pierroth Jr because he didn't do enough flips and dives like the other luchadores.  It takes a while to understand the full breadth and beauty of Lucha Libre.  Look at this guys punches.  He's frickin Mexican Dick Murdoch.

• Like 2

WHOA. This was on the list after I watched Fuchi/Liger and how this violence has been kept from my eyes for so long is unfair. We get a serious shaky-cam/bad digital look at a gym attack with Otani bleeding and then they go to what apparently is a pseudo-shoot between the two men. Murakami is still the meanest fucker ever but this time he manages to sell being concussed before doing what he does best -- tear up the rule book. @Phil Schneider if you haven't seen this yet you need to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Natural or D.Z posted a Tweet about this elsewhere and it had a mighty clipfest, so I thought I'd watch the whole thing. Really they had a better match in them after Go came into his own a bit, but we were early here. Nevertheless Shibata and KENTA are a wrecking crew. Shibata does the Facelock and the Stretch Plum to Misawa and he keeps getting knocked off the mat; at one point he makes this sadface like "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed". He ups the stiff on the elbows and surprisingly it sounds like Shibata matches him. He also eats a world-beater of a highspot: 

Spoiler

Shibata gets him up in an electric chair position lickety-split, KENTA jumps up on the ropes and lariats him right off Shibata's shoulders onto his face. I had a problem seeing him take a back suplex for obvious reasons but this was too gnarly to not love. 

Also, why don't more heel teams hold the ropes for each other after they win? That's something FTR needs to steal immediately.

EDIT: Okay my dumb ass just realized that was a Doomsday Device but 1. Hawk never did a springboard, and 2. I expected KENTA to dropkick him instead.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1