DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

The Malenkos vs the Fantastics.

I have wanted to see this match for 20 years since @RIPPA reviewed it in an ancient DVDVR but it kept disappearing from the internet, and apparently now it's back.  Saving this for when I get off work.

Now if anybody wanted to post James Mason vs Hideki Nishida from MPro my terrible work would be over and I could finally rest.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
On 8/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, DEAN said:

HOLY CRAP~!

I've conferred with the relevant authorities and THIS is most certainly pro wrestling, motherfuckers.

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Why I do believe this is the Jumbo v. Greg Gagne match DEAN~! reviwed in a DVDVR way back i nthe day. The match where DEAAN wrote it as short story of Greg Gagne trying to sell Jumbo a Walkman, so the latter could listen to his fave music as he worked out. Between this and the Sugar Sato gos to see Auntie Aja Kong over bad southern break-up, when DEAN went out there, he went out there!

James

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Roman said:

I haven't watched wrestling in years, but this match may just have pulled me back in. Glorious.

It's a little bit earlier but I did the entirety of 89 AJPW here: 

Let me know if you want to see any of that and I'll toss it your way.

• Like 1

That's beautiful. I'm going to devour that thread. Thanks a lot!

I used to be hugely into AJPW, NJPW and UWF, so I watched tons of those old matches, but then 'modern' wrestling kinda drained me and I slowly drifted away from the whole scene. But that tag match definitely rekindled that fire, and I've no doubt that your thread will fan the flames nicely.

• Like 1

Fuck do I love the AWA more than any human should, especially when it gives BAM BAM v. Rick Martel!

Man, Martel may have been the sweatiest World Champ of the 80s!

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing Lord Alfred Hayes wrestle in Texas in the late 70s.  Who knew that in his younger years he was a taller Jim Breaks?.  Guy Robin is delightful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Petit Prince and Michel Saulnier have a French lucha libre/junior World of Sport match.  THIS IS WORKRATE!  MATT D!  The second match is the clash of Rockabilly and Detective Comics.  Teddy Boy does a HUGE Jerry Estrada bump at 23:50 and we can all revel and freak out.  That match is fucking awesome.  French MidSouth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jacky Corn and Cheri Bibi start off having a very early 1960s match where work a bunch of head scissor spots but move closer and closer to 1970s Amarillo style by just beating the fuck out of each other.  The finish is the most Texas thing to ever happen in France.  The announcer saying Cheri Bibi never gets old.

Darius Lockhart vs Suge D, in a 2 out of 3 falls British Rounds match. Because Darius was so good on Dark a few minutes ago.

There's a few more matches on Darius' channel. But he's also one hell of a promo.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 2