DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

Mr Wrestling II vs. baby Genichiro Tenryu (30 years old counts as baby), GCW TV from 1980. Five entire minutes long, featuring a spirited performance of The Gap Band's "Oops Upside Your Head" by the wonderful Atlanta crowd. Tenryu visibly gains the respect of MWII with a stiff as shit chop at the halfway point. Nifty finish.

The full episodes also features action and/or promos by the Funk Brothers, Austin Idol, Tommy Rich, Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo McDaniel, Kevin Sullivan, OG Minnesota Wrecking Crew, Harley Race. It might be against the spirit of the thread but the full hour vid is a bunch of wrestling machines promoing their asses off.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 8:53 AM, Curt McGirt said:

This should be good.

Yeah, just awesome! The Network should get WrestleFest'94 up already, in the Colosseum Video Classics section, so this would get more attention. Well, I don't know if anyone would watch it, but in theory, anyway!

If they dont they're missing out.

Spoiler

Love the ending. Its face vs. face so you cant have either side heel too hard or lose clean, so they DDQ and then brawl out with a big pull-apart before the respectful handshakes. Bret getting on the mike and goading them a second time was just killer. I bet this was a Patterson finish.

• Like 1

Ray the Crippler Stevens and Wicked Nick Bockwinkel beat the hell out Jumping Jim Brunzell and Greg Gagne.  Postmatch, Gorgeous Bobby Heenan and Stevens see who can take the biggest bump for Larry the Axe Hennig.

• Like 1

JEEZUZ!  This might be the most violent wrestling match I've ever seen.  Bull Nakano is awesome as a babyface taking the full brunt of Dump's lunatic offense.  Postmatch,  Dump takes on THE ENTIRE BUILDING.

• Like 8

On 2/26/2021 at 12:49 PM, DEAN said:

JEEZUZ!  This might be the most violent wrestling match I've ever seen.  Bull Nakano is awesome as a babyface taking the full brunt of Dump's lunatic offense.  Postmatch,  Dump takes on THE ENTIRE BUILDING.

That crowd! Oh, to have been a part of that.

This is my new favourite match. This might be my new favourite thing.

I find it hard to express how I feel about this without cursing. It makes me want to start rating matches on a five-star scale so I can give this one seven stars.

It's Beethoven's 9th. It's the Ghent Altarpiece.

I accept and enjoy what pro wrestling has become in 2021... but oh how I wish it could be more like this.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

This isn't the best match as it's kinda short and Tourney lucha but it's a masterclass in great diving by Ciclon Ramirez. His first dive where he lands in the crowd and takes out a lady fan's shoulder is incredible

Ciclon Ramirez' topes are like exploding barbed wire- spectacle and danger.  So great.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

His first dive where he lands in the crowd and takes out a lady fan's shoulder is incredible

Dude, he PINNED AND BOUNCED BACK. And that poor lady probably got a messed up rotator cuff. 

I think the reverse figure-four would probably be my second choice for a personal submission if I was a wrestler, after the Rings of Saturn. 

This is fucking psychotic.  Dump goes crazy and then Lionness goes crazy.  I don't think we'll see heat like this again because I don't think you will ever get this many pissed off 13 year old girls in one building for wrestling ever again.  80s school girls>80s Midsouth crowds.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

"Now that's called heat" is the one of the best things for a worker to hear when they get to the back.

Now that's called heat, ladies.

What was the deal with the ref switch, for those with thee joshi knowledge?

- RAF

I think they switched the normal ref with Dump's evil ref.

I would not put it past the wily Gokuaku Domei to do such a dastardly deed, but was Hair Product V-Neck Babyface Ref or Squat'n'Swarthy Redslacks Heel Ref known to the fans before the switch? Was it part of an angle or typical tactic, or by inference as puro rassling fans did the teenyboppers figure it out?

- RAF

• Like 1

Back last April, IIIIIII posted the five minute version of this- Mimi Hasigawa versus the greatness that is Yumi Ikeshita.

• Like 1

For all you folks upset about Nyla Rose bumping for Rhio, watch Wendy Richter bump all over he ring for TEENY Mimi Hasegawa in 1982.  I love that Richter was a lady Stan Hansen for a while.