DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

It's an absolute masterclass in cheating. SUWA cheats on everyone -- KENTA, the ref, Joe, Kikuchi, the fans, the whole promotion. He gets himself DQ'd at the start just so he can go about his business kicking puppies and knocking ice cream out of little girls' hands. I might like the Clobberin' Time thread one between them better, but this is just fantastic. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Death From Above said:

Taue honestly had a batshit insane 1995. Misawa was at the peak of his powers, perhaps. I like everything this has to offer.

Yeah, that is just an all-time great pro wrestling match.

This one, from the same CC, is damned near as good (and harrowingly stiff and hard-fought):

Edited by gordi
  • Like 1

This is more of a New Japan match than a NOAH match, finishers-wise- in that they don't do 12,000 finishers.  Kensuke Sasaki had a good little run there.

He was the best on the planet in 2004 imo. Did everything from hair comedy matches with the Florida Brothers (they were so fun for a while) to bloodfests to bringing up young boi Nakajimmy.

• Like 3

The very idea of Jim Hellwig as Big Van Vader is... I cannot even conceive of it. I really think it would have affected the landscape of the evolution of Modern Rassling. I think it would have an effect on thee World as We Know It. It definitely would have made my life different (negatively).

butterfly wings,

RAF

• Like 2

So many Machines!  Martel and Flair tagging together is just weird.  So in this match, Martel is better than Flair, Tenryu is better than Tsuruta.  Go figure.

On 8/27/2020 at 6:14 AM, thee Reverend Axl Future said:

The very idea of Jim Hellwig as Big Van Vader is... I cannot even conceive of it. I really think it would have affected the landscape of the evolution of Modern Rassling. I think it would have an effect on thee World as We Know It. It definitely would have made my life different (negatively).

butterfly wings,

RAF

Not that it would have necessarily ended up that way, but if in that case, Leon White ends up in Ultimate Warrior's spot in WWF? That would be a mind-bender and a half, as well, huh?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shartnado said:

Not that it would have necessarily ended up that way, but if in that case, Leon White ends up in Ultimate Warrior's spot in WWF? That would be a mind-bender and a half, as well, huh?

That whole alternate timeline would almost be worth it for the bizarre spectacle of Hellwig giving the sad, dejected, "I ain't nothin' but a piece of (crap), a BIG FAT PIECE OF (CRAP)!" promo at Over the Edge 1998

Anyway, here's a clubbbering machine vs a wrestling machine:

• Like 1

I was very high a few weeks back late at night and saw a music video I think Naylor posted on Twitter of the above match on my phone. For the first minute I was sooo high-confused as to how I had never heard of this lost Flair/HBK match from SMW and how amazing it looked. Then I started questioning Flair's physique and movements a bit and eventually pulled my head out of my ass. I don't make such silly mistakes often but holy shit. That was embarrassing. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

This is good.  Except the finish, which is bullshit.

I may be very much in the minority, but I would rather watch Buddy Landell than Shawn Michaels and his human pinball overselling. And, DEAN, you're right the finish is just jackoffery, who booked that shit?

• Like 1