DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

Steve Keirn and Chavo Guerrero have a match with a stipulation that the loser gets painted yellow.  Post-match would get riot-level heat, one would guess.

• Like 1

This could have almost made the Blood Sucking Freaks thread, but I will place it here.  Harley's bump at the end is fucking awesome.

Hey!  Bobby Duranton is the original William Regal.  Snobby, technically sound and great facial expressions.  He has the great Who Pooted face.  Edouard Carpentier is also awesome.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

God, he's great. What a smug prick. @19:30, Duranton very casually kicks Carpentier in the face a few times, follows it up by wrenching him up by the leg repeatedly before settling down into a hold and giving the ultimate conceited look. The commentator even says "voila!" FANTASTIQUE.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:20 PM, DEAN said:

This match is Lucha Libre beautiful.

I could watch ten different iterations of that and never get tired. 

EDIT: Goddamn it's 3:30 in the morning here and I still haven't watched Matt D's French Catch. See you tomorrow. Y'all wearing me out

Edited by Curt McGirt

Goddam, this is stiff.  This is a straight up BattlARTS match- but remember that Asuka was trained by Yuki Ishikawa.  If only Meiko Satomura had been trained by Diasuke Ikeda- but she does kick Kana right in the face like Ikeda would kick Ishikawa in the face.  50 billion stars.

• Like 2

I remember seeing two Kana/Meiko matches. One saw Meiko carry Kana on the mat wrestling while the other was mainly stiff shit kicking. I believe that is the latter. I'm not super fond of Kana during that period. She really didn't know what she was doing strikes wise aside from randomly stiffing people until after she got trained by Ishikawa for a couple of years. The Meiko matches though were definitely some of her better performances from then.

• Like 1

Damn, I can't find the full version online but this match is absolutely bonkers. Haven't seen their '86 matches in forever, so I don't remember if Morton was this persistent back then as he was here. He basically says "fuck off" to each and every one of Flair's dirty cut offs barring a three or four minute stretch near the end. So much awesome but this is only the highlights.

• Like 3

Come for the awesome tattoos of Al Williams, stay for the Bronco Nagurski match.  From 1950 and 1951 respectively.

• Thanks 1

Meiko Satomura is ready to transition to the main event.  Aja Kong will not go quietly into that good night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I thought about putting this in the clubbering thread but there's a little too much actual wrestling for it to qualify.  Saito and Kandori try to rip each others' limbs off, and whenever that doesn't work they settle for punting the shit out of each other.  Great stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1