DVDVR Message Board

Wrestling Machine vs Wrestling Machine

DEAN

This is three wrestling machines and KAORU who Akira Hokuto would beat into being a machine.  Man, this is good.  Sonoko Kato was sooo on the way to being the best thing to come out of GAEA before she physically fell apart.  Okay, she wouldn't bypass Meiko Satomura, who is fucking awesome in this.

• Like 1

The Flair of Puerto Rico takes on Ricky Banderas and it is quality stadium wrestling.  The finish is surreal since I don't know the story.  An old man with a neckbrace comes out and is very excited about Banderas applying a Sharp-shooter and a middle age lady in a red dress runs up behind and racks him in the testicles.  I'm sure there is a reason for this.

• Like 1

They were posted on here not too long ago and definitely are what you would think: super polished and smart wrestling that is unspectacular but great just the same.

• Like 1

No clue how I missed 'em, and don't want to be lapping ourselves, but after watching that first one if anything deserves to be reposted here it's that. (Were they in another thread by any chance?)

EDIT: They did a great job taking some of the spots from the first match and switching them up into a brawling sprint for that second match. Then at the end they announce next week on the Pro is Regal/Steamboat. I'd go look for it but surely somebody's already posted that here too.

Edited by Curt McGirt

I don't know if this has been posted. I tried to go through the first couple of pages but so many videos are already donezo. Anyway, two of the all time heavyweight, big boy machines:

Inspired by Naylor's clip of Sawyer and Liger (my word). Both Sawyer and Zangiev were prime candidates for not looking their age at all, a topic brought up recently elsewhere. Buzz had just turned 29 before this match. Zangiev was 27. ? People really did age like hell back then. I'm sure the hard drugs and alcohol did not help with Buzz, but damn, Zangiev tho. There's another what could've been: what if these two were healthy and stayed in wrestling through the '90s? Does Buzz stick around in WCW until Hogan and then fuck off to USWA and Japan? Does Zangiev win the IWGP title? He was also lining up to work the Starrcade '90 tag tournament before he had to return to Russia. Does he do the jumping spinning piledriver? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

damn, Zangiev tho.

Zangiev lived in Russia during the Cold War. So... yeah you gonna age fast.

Anyway that was incredible. Great story told in the space of five minutes, and a great build-up to the impossibly killer story told by Zangiev/Hashimoto in only eight minutes later. This whole tournament must've been awesome. 

Aja and Oz are mean old ladies.  Meiko Satomuro is sooooo fucking intense in this.  This match is so fucking great.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Aja and Oz are mean old ladies.  Meiko Satomuro is sooooo fucking intense in this.  This match is so fucking great.

The spot where Ozaki

Powerbombs Kato, gets out of the way of the pinfall breakup so Satomura top rope double stomps her own partner, then powerbombs Kato AGAIN

is the best.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2020 at 2:35 PM, DEAN said:

The Flair of Puerto Rico takes on Ricky Banderas and it is quality stadium wrestling.  The finish is surreal since I don't know the story.  An old man with a neckbrace comes out and is very excited about Banderas applying a Sharp-shooter and a middle age lady in a red dress runs up behind and racks him in the testicles.  I'm sure there is a reason for this.

Is Puerto Rico still as crazy as it was in the 80s?

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Is Puerto Rico still as crazy as it was in the 80s?

Go check out the Globe of Death match in the Bloodsucking thread on I think page two or three that I posted between Savio Vega and Manny Ferno. They might be on life support but they're still crazy as fuck. 

Hey!  This week I discovered the wonderment of León Chino .  Here he is a straight Lucha Libre title match against wee wrestling machine Super Astro.

• Like 1

I'm sure I am the last regular on the forum to see this, but I barely watched wrestling for a good 10 years before coming back recently. I've barely seen anything of Japan in years. Anyway this is an official New Japan upload so at least this should stay up.