DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 8

Dolfan in NYC

I mean, is it possible he gets better?  Sure, why not?  He's still got physical skills that should translate to being good.  But so far?  "Just plain sucks" nails it.

EDIT:  WTF?  I had a link and another sentence above that.  Let me try again, see if the link shows up:  http://deadspin.com/trent-richardson-just-plain-sucks-1449011871

I see your point but that's a number one pick that Indy is not going to have now and in the meantime Donald Brown looks better than Trent Richardson.  

If Donald Brown is good, it's only because his contract is about to be up.  Dude just broke the 2,000 yard barrier--FOR HIS CAREER.  I could run for that in 4+ seasons. Him, I don't need.  Wish Vick Ballard hadn't gotten hurt.  He was solid last year.

Regardless of what you think of Richardson, the Browns clearly thought he wasn't worth sticking with and struck while the iron was hot. They took a back who had a solid rookie campaign marred by injury and struggled in the first two games of season two and got what I'm sure Joe Banner feels was a favorable deal.

Whether or not Richarson ever gets his shit together remains to be seen, but I think a team that is willing to cut ties and maybe regret is a welcome change from the wait and see approach.

Personally, I think Richardson probably becomes a back similar to someone like Thomas Jones, another high draft pick that had to bounce around a bit before putting it together and having a couple good years. I would rather have a first round pick than Thomas Jones every day of the week.

No, Cleveland fucked up big time here. What you're saying is totally true but by making the decision to trade him for a first round pick instead of shutting down the team and liquidating they really missed an opportunity. And the thing is they continue to make that same god damn error every day. Every day it's "have a practice instead of liquidate" "team meal instead of liquidate" "don't liquidate instead of liquidate" it's pretty sad to see such a storied franchise not go out like that/

The comments are great.

Regardless of what you think of Richardson, the Browns clearly thought he wasn't worth sticking with and struck while the iron was hot. They took a back who had a solid rookie campaign marred by injury and struggled in the first two games of season two and got what I'm sure Joe Banner feels was a favorable deal. Whether or not Richarson ever gets his shit together remains to be seen, but I think a team that is willing to cut ties and maybe regret is a welcome change from the wait and see approach. Personally, I think Richardson probably becomes a back similar to someone like Thomas Jones, another high draft pick that had to bounce around a bit before putting it together and having a couple good years. I would rather have a first round pick than Thomas Jones every day of the week.

I still would love to know how Richardson had an impressive rookie season. Running the ball a lot on a team with no other options is not impressive. A team giving a guy they drafted top 5 a chance to contribute with no backup of note is what you are supposed to do.He still might turn it around, but I don't buy the hype here at all.

Goddell must really hate the Brits by putting the Jaguars two years in a row. 

I think he's secretly hoping the plane crashes en route.

More like a tryout, because if any team is moving to London, its the Jagoffs. . . .

Vince Young, still still available, and familiar with the head coach.

I thought there were problems between Young and Fisher and that end up being their releases from Tennessee. Well, at least part of the reason for their release.

There was the situation of no one being able to find Young for several hours one day during his time at Tennessee.  It was believed that Young was suicidal and had went off to kill himself, and Fisher apparently had half of Nashville looking for the guy.

Their relationship was always tenuous--Fisher didn't want to draft Young, Young felt that Fisher didn't give him a chance, VY was pretty lazy--they were both right.  But the whole 'is he about to meet his maker?' drama pushed things over the edge.  That, and Young supposedly throwing his shoulder pads into the stands in a fit of anger during one game.

• Like 1