DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

What a killer show.  That Ironman match was probably one of their top 3 matches of all-time for the company.  The right guy won and Kenny looked great coming down with the tag belt around his waist.  

The women's match was great, and I think Shida was the right choice to win.  She came out to a good ovation and she gets over everywhere she goes.  

The Dork Order promo had me baffled.  Part of me wants to believe Matt is the Exalted One since Uno used the obsolete verbiage but these days, you just never know until it happens.

The 6-man was pretty decent, and so was the tag with Best Friends/B&B.  B&B are basically jobbers, and I don't think they've won a single match yet.  No real complaints though on that.

The weigh-in was cool and different from a usual, over-done contract signing.  Jericho was nuts, as usual, and the brawl at the end was fun.  Hager sells to much, I think.  He shouldn't be going out there like Brock and never selling but he needs to find a medium between Brock and where he is at now.  

Also, the JR interview with the Elite was nice, and I really just end up feeling sympathy for Page.  Calling him a jobber, and basically a nobody until the Bucks came along.  It's no wonder the guy drinks.  2 of his "best friends" think he would be a geek if it weren't for them.

Orange Cassidy was pretty good and I'm glad he's getting something finally, even if I figure he won't win the match on Saturday.

Edited by notoriusvig
  • Like 1

That Yuka Sakazaki is really something special. 

5 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

It’s finally going to happen. Orange Cassidy might become a star after Saturday. Are the naysayers ready? Will you tell your kids this moment in history, when you were massively wrong to doubt OC Orange Cassidy? Get ready, the car is warmed up, I went to the toilet, the oven isn’t on, I think I got everything, and my wallet is in my pocket. Well what are you waiting for? Get on this bandwagon with us.

one-of-us-gif-11.gif 

• Like 3

I wanted something more out of Orange Cassidy and I got it. I'm way into that match, and if we get Pac/Chuck Taylor too I won't be upset.

Woman's 4 way was rough in parts but the right woman won. Not into Yuka yet.

Iron man was pretty great but some of those kick outs were a lot. Falcon arrow was insane.

I liked the Elite interview too. 

Edited by Godfrey
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Last time PAC had to eat shit for a comedy wrestler, he walked out of the company he worked for and sat on the sidelines for a year. This should be fun. 

I think the difference here is that OC can actually wrestle, whereas Enzo was a good talker and not much else. And I think the walkout had more to do with how he was treated as just a cruiserweight (albeit the top cruiser), when he wanted to move beyond that division.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, notoriusvig said:

B&B are basically jobbers, and I don't think they've won a single match yet.  No real complaints though on that.

Yeah, every company needs a Rough ‘N’ Ready. They picked the shortest straw. Although I’ll give Blade credit. That dude has filled out. Plus the Bunny is really easy on the eyes. So they provide entertainment for me compared to say Hybrid 2, and they do their job correctly. So they’ll constantly earn a spot every Wednesday.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 3

This show does strange things to time perception. Like the Ironman match was thirty minutes but felt like fifteen, the show flew by but I'd swear Pac vs Omega finished like four hours ago now and it's actually less than two.

When the ring girls came out for the weigh in, JR said "What the shit is this?" and we all had a massive laugh. Then someone got the whole chat room to decide whether they preferred left girl or right girl. Right girl seemed more popular, but the votes were about even. It's just everyone who liked right girl was really forthright about it. And nobody took the Tommy Dreamer option until I pointed out that they could have.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Casey said:

I think the difference here is that OC can actually wrestle, whereas Enzo was a good talker and not much else. And I think the walkout had more to do with how he was treated as just a cruiserweight (albeit the top cruiser), when he wanted to move beyond that division.

I'm just cracking wise because I assume most people would prefer that to five pages of people rationalizing fans chanting for referees. 

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Yeah, every company needs a Rough N’ Ready. They picked the shortest straw.

If anybody has drawn the shortest straw, it's TH2. @notoriusvig,B&B won their debut vs. Cody & QT Marshall and were on the winning end of an 8 man teaming the Lucha Bros. B&B's time will come. You can't push everybody at once. 

• Like 2

Outside of the matches, the vignettes were pretty weird this time around. Young Bucks are a charisma-vacuum and the interview came off like a bunch of awkward C-list actors umming and awhing towards trying to create an effect. Very flat. The ending segment was also a bit odd - the ring was too crowded with bit-part players & consequently characters were just standing around at a loose end .. the commencement of the brawl also felt stunted. Great finishing minute though once the emphasis moved properly to Jericho/Moxley. Matches were fun - esp. first hour.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If anybody has drawn the shortest straw, it's TH2. @notoriusvig,B&B won their debut vs. Cody & QT Marshall and were on the winning end of an 8 man teaming the Lucha Bros. B&B's time will come. You can't push everybody at once. 

I'm not really complaining since I'm not really a huge fan.  I think the Butcher has a great old school tough guy look to him but they're probably on the bottom rung of my tag team rankings, alongside the Dork Order.

11 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Comparing OC to Enzo?! Sacrilege! That’s like comparing The Fonz to Judd Nelson!

Honestly, I hope that Orange Cassidy does work an honest match because wasting PAC on him is definitely an insult unless they're teasing otherwise.

And as a casual fan... some of the stuff they promised has not been delivered. Marko Stunt, Cassidy and the Dark Order is the worst mix of Indie idiocy matched with the 'E being the 'E.

18 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

some of those kick outs were a lot.

They lost me soon as the avalanche brainbuster first didn't get an immediate pinfall (because ya know, they gotta let the crowd get their chant in first) and then got two. 

I went surfing around on Prime and found Dead Ringers and Fritz the Cat instead

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I wish there was more for TH2 right now. I've liked Jack Evans going back to the Generation Next days.

I just think if they book you as heels, then do the job correctly. They just go out there, and do their own thing. Lucha Bros. do that in a way, but they are connecting with the crowd. TH2 just isn’t. I think maybe if Jurassic Express didn’t exist, it would be them. They were a little too late I guess.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

29 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yeah. He and Enzo were/are close, according to several sources. I doubt it was Enzo in particular that made him leave.