DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

- Cool new gear for Kenny,  he's worn the same tights for almost every AEW show till now. Felt like a big NJPW match with The Bucks outside the ring.

One thought I had while watching this match: these two guys are SO good at what they do. Perfect execution, every single move looked crisp, nothing looked botched. Almost like watching a video game match where all the animations are perfect. It was just impressive how good they both are at their jobs.

Kenny being dizzy and begging PAC not to dive on him before the pin was a great touch, much better than just laying motionless.

I like that we only got 1 pin and 1 DQ during the match. I always think it's silly when 30min Ironman matches end in something like 3-2 because you would never get so many decisions between two guys like these in a normal 30min match.

- OC with bunny ears getting the biggest pop of the night, I love pro wrestling. Butcher and the Blade are total jobbers tho.

- Shida ❤️

Yuka is just hilarious, she has so much personality. Loved Goku's and Storm's inspired outfits in this match. 

- "For the love of god, give me a lower third this week even if its just for one frame"

Page biting his tongue and acting annoyed at what Kenny and the Bucks says is so well done and completely relatable. Such a good storyline, Page is clearly in the right here, he only ever wanted some space from the guys.

- Loved Team Jericho coming out in the end, hilarious.

Mox was MOLTEN after the Kenny match but im not sure if he's the one that should dethrone Jericho now. I'd rather have Jericho as champ for another 3-4 months before the next PPV.

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4

On Tony, he seems like he is in the 605 mode having fun when you'd see him smirking when Flair was cutting promos.  

Unfortunately my DVR overwrote the show recording the revolution hype show. But that contained Jericho saying "I'm pretty sure I knocked out Randy Couture in a bar fight in Las Vegas I was to drunk to remember " when Randy showed up in the Mox training video.

While I love me an epic match sometimes you can't go wrong with two hours where you're just laughing and clapping and smiling seemingly the whole damn time.  I loved the ironman match and that was some weird time sorcery going on.  But the stuff that still has me smiling is thinking about random shit like Tony  with Best Friends, OC with Bunny and maybe trying this Saturday, and Jericho with his Painmaker Posse.  Oh, and Yuka's theme which is just incredible.

With Revolution shaping up to have top to bottom killer matches it's nice to just dig this calm before the storm.  But I thoroughly enjoyed myself last night.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dewar said:

The weigh-in is dumb. Just as bad as a WWE contract signing segment. Everything else listed looks at the very least interesting. 

Weigh-Ins that happen before the day before a fight are stupid.  It's too fucking early for an official weigh-in even for a fake fight.

God I love Luchasaurus.  He may have the prettiest fucking kicks in all of wrassledom and his form is incredible.

Edited by J.T.

You can't do a weigh in in the ring anyway, for a scale to give an accurate reading it has to be placed on a solid surface. Wrestling rings have give and bounce, and the centre of the mat is the softest part of the ring. That's why when the UFC does the actual weigh in (not the ceremonial one) they build that stage in the hotel conference room. No accurate reading on the shag pile carpet.

I could have just put carpet, but as an Englishman it's always funny to use the phrase "shag pile". It sounds orgiastic.

The other thing is, in the show closing brawl usually every heel's PPV opponent comes out to brawl with them, but nobody came to brawl with Santana and Ortiz because they aren't in a PPV match. So they were just sort of standing there waiting for someone to hit, but they couldn't beat up Mox because he had spots to do with Jericho, and they couldn't beat up Darby because he had spots with Sammy, and those were the only guys out there. Should have sent some security or something. Or booked them on the PPV, or concocted a reason for them to leave like having them steal Mox's car back or something.

1 hour ago, J.T. said:

Weigh-Ins that happen before the day before a fight are stupid.  It's too fucking early for an official weigh-in even for a fake fight.

My favorite weigh-in angle remains Buddy Murphy losing a Cruiserweight Title match because he failed to make weight. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Kris Statlander is out with the flu. That’s why the 4-way last night was almost treated like a back-up #1 contenders match. No reports yet if she’s out of Saturday’s match.

I'd make a joke about using alien powers buy my brain's fried due to work being stupid.

I would be down for Rose vs. Shida though part of me hoped for that to happen later on.  But I'm sure my friend would really appreciate her in this match for...various reasons.

20 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'd make a joke about using alien powers buy my brain's fried due to work being stupid.

I would be down for Rose vs. Shida though part of me hoped for that to happen later on.  But I'm sure my friend would really appreciate her in this match for...various reasons.

Alien powers? The common cold  is what killed the martians in war of the worlds,  it should be expected it may take her out.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Technico Support said:

they lose a million points for still doing the chop in 2020

I was expecting Jericho to tear them down for that but he didn't. Big fail there, it was a total gimmie. 

Since I just watched El Camino: why doesn't Jericho activate "his" car's LoJack and have Mox arrested? You know a car that expensive would have one and it would make for some funny TV. Khan could pay Mox's bail as it is revealed that the car was "a gift to Jericho". Jericho thinks there's a c-o-n-spiracy against him. Etc.

We don't want Khan involved but still it would be funny

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Just now, Curt McGirt said:

I was expecting Jericho to tear them down for that but he didn't. Big fail there, it was a total gimmie. 

Since I just watched El Camino: why doesn't Jericho activate "his" car's LoJack and have Mox arrested? You gotta know a car that expensive would have one and it would make for some funny TV. Khan could pay Mox's bail as it is revealed that the car was "a gift to Jericho". Jericho thinks there's a c-o-n-spiracy against him. Etc.

He specifically threw in a line when he was trying to woo Moxley about the title and registration already being taken care of. Thought it was pretty funny/perfect. 

• Like 1

Most things covered by y'all already. 

That flying knee from Sammy to Darby brought the hate. I have high expectations for that match! 

The cheer for OC vs Pac was huge, really interested to see how that match goes. 

Revolution shaping up to be a great show, I've bought it. Only my second PPV purchase, but they've sold it really well. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

My favorite weigh-in angle remains Buddy Murphy losing a Cruiserweight Title match because he failed to make weight. 

8 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I like those too, been a fan ever since they did it with Matt Hardy and Crash Holly 1000 years ago

was it Disco Inferno who had to shed some pounds for a CW title shot/defense back in '97ish?

52 minutes ago, twiztor said:

was it Disco Inferno who had to shed some pounds for a CW title shot/defense back in '97ish?

Yeah in 99. Then they did it with Oklahoma three months later at Souled Out 2000. 

The Vince Russo era v1, ladies and gentlemen.

• Thanks 1