DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/26/2020

Dolfan in NYC

The go home show for Revolution. Here's what's advertised:

• Jon Moxley & Chris Jericho weigh in for Revolution’s AEW championship bout
  • Kenny Omega versus PAC (Iron Man Match)
  • Jurassic Express versus Inner Circle (6-Man Tag)
  • Best Friends versus The Butcher & The Blade

Wrestling weigh-ins aren’t usually made public, so this should be interesting to study. Weight cutting controversy has been a hot button issue on the toll it takes on the body of fighters. It’ll be no different for Le Champion who has come in looking majestic in his matches. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I’m upset that Dolfan didn’t add that the Exalted One could appear tonight right before the PPV. Which is huge news. Could Lance Archer, Raven, or Matt Hardy? It’s wrestling’s greatest mystery revealed.

We all know, there's only one acceptable payoff to a Mystery person.

savio-vega.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The worst theoretical Exalted One I've seen is Ted DiBiase Jr. But I think it's just Botchamania fans who want to chant "Fuck On Me" at him.

Looking forward to seeing AEW live. I don't think I've seen an IM match in person, so that's neat checklist item. The matches all sound good, and even though the weigh-in sounds dumb on paper, AEW has been doing a pretty decent job with these kind of segments. A "holy shit" exalted one reveal would be icing on the cake, but I honestly only expect a bait and switch and the true reveal at the ppv.

For people that have been to a Dynamite: Do they tape anything before or after the main show? Do they do post-show shenanigans just for the live crowd like WWE?

Edited by Go2Sleep
  • Like 1

I'd be okay with Aries. He's tried the motivational stuff with his dieting book, he's an arrogant prick and everybody knows it, so in theory it could work. Austin Aries is not Austin Theory though and IRL Austin Aries has a tendency to fuck things up a li'l bit.

I'd be more than ok with Austin Aries. I think cult leader/motivational speaker would be a great gimmick for him. Take his real personality and just turn it up a few more notches. We're talking going way past 11.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie

The issue with Ares is he'll quit if someone asks him to job when he thinks he should go over, or someone makes even the slightest reference to his Napoleon Complex, no matter how far the reach.

I don't want Aries because Aries was already small before just being an annoying vegan. Now he's been doing keto for however long and the last I saw he wore baggy pants probably because his legs shrunk so much. He was never a huge guy, but now he looks like the dude from the Machinist and it's hard to buy that person as any kind of threat. And I didn't bring him up because of last week, he was just someone who randomly popped into my head.

My hope is that it will be Harper.

4 hours ago, Dewar said:

The weigh-in is dumb. Just as bad as a WWE contract signing segment. Everything else listed looks at the very least interesting. 

Has Jericho had a bad segment yet?  I’ll maybe wait and check it out before assuming it’ll be shitty.

19 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I don't want Aries because Aries was already small before just being an annoying vegan. Now he's been doing keto for however long and the last I saw he wore baggy pants probably because his legs shrunk so much. He was never a huge guy, but now he looks like the dude from the Machinist and it's hard to buy that person as any kind of threat. 

Christian Bale was your machinist in question.  Of all the things to complain about is his choice of a vegan diet really an issue?  How does that annoy you?  I get what your saying about his stature, but that’s a bit harsh.  I like Aries.  He’s got a lot of talent under the hood.  That said, seemingly one of aew’s great strengths is it’s locker room camaraderie, so his attitude and whether he can get with the team program will be a huge deciding factor.  That said ‘Dally’ is a miracle worker.  If he can rescue Hall and Roberts from the death pool, he can surely figure something out with Aries.  

Actually I was wrong about Aries staying with DDP - they're both involved in a stem cell business and were trying to get AEW to invest apparently. But yeah, there's still probably a 0% chance Aries wrestles or appears for AEW in any meaningful way.

• Like 1

No commercial breaks for me at least. You lads might have some.

AEW plus isn't available in America, but there's loads of yanks in Fite chat. They use VPNs and that.

It’s finally going to happen. Orange Cassidy might become a star after Saturday. Are the naysayers ready? Will you tell your kids this moment in history, when you were massively wrong to doubt OC Orange Cassidy? Get ready, the car is warmed up, I went to the toilet, the oven isn’t on, I think I got everything, and my wallet is in my pocket. Well what are you waiting for? Get on this bandwagon with us.

• Like 9