DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

In an article for the Players Tribune, apparently she has to take over 64 pills in order to deal with her Lyme Disease.  Given that WNBA probably don't get paid well even if you are a top player losing work can't be good for you financially

Good thing she can afford 64 pills a day. Imagine what the bill would be like for your average person. 

"I'm too fucking stupid to realize what I'm wearing" is maybe not the rock-solid defense he thinks it is.

But that tracks with all of Harden's defense.

Fucking dumbass.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

"I'm too fucking stupid to realize what I'm wearing" is maybe not the rock-solid defense he thinks it is.

But that tracks with all of Harden's defense.

Fucking dumbass.

Someone said growing up he was a Crip.  Which is honestly a better defense than not knowing what that meant.  

It is truly genius of him though, because now no one is asking him about the coronavirus test he clearly failed.  

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Someone said growing up he was a Crip.  Which is honestly a better defense than not knowing what that meant.  

It is truly genius of him though, because now no one is asking him about the coronavirus test he clearly failed.  

Nah, I don't buy that. First of all, you just aren't a Crip. That's pretty generic if you're living in Los Angeles. That'd be like saying you work at a burger chain. You probably need be more specific. Second, if you were actually affiliated, part of it is being conscious of what you're actually wearing. Last I checked, I don't think black is a neutral color where he's from.  Moreover, I've haven't heard of that many ball players being affiliated because many of them get a pass if they're growing up playing and are really talented. That would pretty much take Harden out of the mix. Lastly, I would buy James Harden being lame enough to pay someone who is actually affiliated to say he is or was at one point. I'm pretty sure I talked about that type of stuff here at some time ago. Certain celebs still do shit like that. However, that he's actually a crip....you would have to convince me that it's not hearsay.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Nah, I don't buy that. First of all, you just aren't a Crip. That's pretty generic if you're living in Los Angeles. That'd be like saying you work at a burger chain. You probably need be more specific. Second, if you were actually affiliated, part of it is being conscious of what you're actually wearing. Last I checked, I don't think black is a neutral color where he's from.  Moreover, I've haven't heard of that many ball players being affiliated because many of them get a pass if they're growing up playing and are really talented. That would pretty much take Harden out of the mix. Lastly, I would buy James Harden being lame enough to pay someone who is actually affiliated to say he is or was at one point. I'm pretty sure I talked about that type of stuff here at some time ago. Certain celebs still do shit like that. However, that he's actually a crip....you would have to convince me that it's not hearsay.

Or, in the words of Eazy-E:

"What set you from punk what set you from ride"

1 hour ago, Lawful Metal said:

James Harden can’t be a crip. He’s always wearing red.

I know this is a bad joke, but I think I need to kinda demystify the whole gang thing. Wearing red isn't exactly a no-no. You can find Snoop in the 90s wearing red. That's some corny shit from your student handbook/agenda/planner from the 90s/early 2000s your school district came up w/ talking about what are the indicators that someone is in a gang.

Edited by Elsalvajeloco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Gee I think it makes him more likable. 

The fact he’s a millionaire that a) has no clue what something he’s wearing means and b) claims to not have internet access yet he has both a Twitter and instagram account? I think it makes him look incredibly dumb, and like he’s not even the smartest former OKC Thunder player on his team (I’ve yet to see Westbrook say anything that stupid recently, and actually I can’t think of him ever saying anything incredibly dumb or offensive). 

Well to clarify what the poster meant, was that it is was a lot more likely that Harden didn't know what the fuck that flag meant as opposed to a guy who hung with Crips growing up in South Central being a far right wing conservative nutjob. 

(But again, now we're talking about this and not ”where were you?”)

• Like 1

My new favorite twitter account is this bot that just pulls random plays from the NBA stats database and tweets a video of them.  A soothing reminder of the banality of basketball.

Tracy McGrady and Jermaine O’Neal and opening a player agency with each other

The duo plans to call the new agency Seven1 Sports Group and Entertainment. As Stein notes, the name is a combination of the two players’ jersey numbers as NBA players — O’Neal wore No. 7, while McGrady was No. 1.

According to Stein, McGrady and O’Neal are financially secure but have discussed the agency idea over the last couple years, with those talks intensifying over the last few months during the coronaavirus pandemic. The two former NBA stars view player representation as the best path for them to help young basketball players — especially young Black players.

“We think it’s needed, and we have a passion for it,” McGrady said. “We’re around kids every single day because we have youth programs. It just makes sense. We see the lack of information that these kids are getting, so we would be doing a disservice to our people if we don’t lend our expertise of what we know and help guide them. This is a calling that we have.”

As Stein details, the plan is for O’Neal to take the NBPA test in January to become a registered NBA agent. He would hold partner status in the new agency alongside McGrady, who would likely step away from his current broadcasting role, serving as the agency’s co-owner and as an adviser to players.

Many former NBA players transition into coaching jobs, front offices roles, or broadcasting careers, but the player-to-agent jump is less common. As Stein observes, B.J. Armstrong is perhaps the most notable former NBA player to make that move. McGrady and O’Neal acknowledge that it won’t be easy to break into the business and challenge established agents for current NBA players and/or top incoming prospects, but they’re optimistic their efforts will pay off.

“At the end of the day, they can’t get all the players,” McGrady said of those established agents. “Obviously it’s going to take us some time to get our feet wet and really understand how this thing works. But we’re not intimidated by anybody. We know there’s going to be a lot of people trying to poke holes into this.”

On 7/17/2020 at 5:02 PM, Elsalvajeloco said:

I know this is a bad joke, but I think I need to kinda demystify the whole gang thing. Wearing red isn't exactly a no-no. You can find Snoop in the 90s wearing red. That's some corny shit from your student handbook/agenda/planner from the 90s/early 2000s your school district came up w/ talking about what are the indicators that someone is in a gang.

Wait until people realize why Snoop is such a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

18 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Wait until people realize why Snoop is such a huge Pittsburgh Steelers fan.

He doesn't know when to take no for an answer like Big Ben?