DVDVR Message Board

2019-20 NBA: 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

Adam Silver said last night on NBA on TNT that hiatus will most likely be 30 days. He did indicate that it could last longer.

30 days means roughly April 13.

The regular season was set to end on April 15

So you figure either they are going to the NHL route of using current standings for the playoffs or the season is going an extra month.

I was guessing I am thinking they would go current standings. I mean there is a 5 1/2 game gap between 8 and 9 in the East and 3 games in the West (plus 7 and 8 in the East and 8 in the West are all under .500)

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well this is interesting...

They'd been working on it for a long time. Want to tear it down and build their own arena out there instead of being team #2 at Staples.

I don't know if this is an indictment on the Wizards or me as a sports fan but I think I have watched more Wizards NBA 2K simulations than actual games.  I wonder if all the other teams in the leagues and we can actually determine a playoff seeding

On 3/14/2020 at 9:14 PM, RIPPA said:

The Pistons Christian Wood has tested positive 

He and Rudy Gobert were matched up against each other most of last Saturday’s game

Some actual good news.  Christian Wood today was cleared of COVID-19.  

I am not sure if this generation understand how famous the Harlem Globetrotters were.  Granted they really haven't been relevant in probably 20 years.  Maybe because of the style of their game was actually being done in some ways in college and in the NBA.  But  in the prime of Lemon & Curly Neal they were must watch viewing and major celebrities.  When they showed their games it was on World Wide of Sports.   

• Like 2